It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2003, 09:49 PM   #1

Chickyboom HB User
Exclamation Pregnancy, UTI, or just nothing???

Okay, I have been having some "symptoms" lately and as I haven't been able to get to a doctor yet, I thought I'd see if I could get any input here.
I have been having sex with my current bf for about a month and a half (and I admit, there have been times there wasn't any protection). A couple weeks ago I noticed that my discharge kinda changed - I used to have a lot but mostly just thin, clear or faintly white, but now it's thicker and more opaque and yellowy, it's very annoying cause I CANNOT go without a liner no matter what time of the month it is! I also noticed I had to pee - a lot. And normally I don't have to go very often, maybe a couple times a day, now it's more like 7 times or more - very strange for me. So I thought maybe it was a UTI. But no other symptoms of one.
So then I started getting signs I was about to start my period (which has always been irregular, and if not, then at least 6 weeks between) - sore breasts, breakouts, bloating, moods, slight cramping...but nothing happened! So then I got worried maybe the other symptoms had to do with me being pregnant!
Or could it just be that my body just...I do'nt know...changed? Like the difference in discharge is from getting used to frequent sex or something?? So confused. I am going to get a hpt next week - I figure Ill give myself one more week to start, cause I mean if it weren't for that little scare, I wouldn't think ANYTHING of my period not coming yet. There have been times when it's been 2 months in between.
so anyway...after all that....any input, anyone? Does this sound like a uti, or could all those pms symptoms really be pregnancy? Or am I just making a big deal out of nothing? I know I need to go to the dr, I'm working on it. But in the meantime???
Thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2003, 05:10 AM   #2
Veteran

jessilynn68 HB User
I think you need to work harder on getting to the doc. If it is a money issue, go to a planned parenthood or health dept. You live in Chicago, and there has to be clinics there that will see you for little to no money. If it is any of these things you mentioned, you need medical advice. It might be that you are not pregnant, but have an infection of some sort. If that is the case, you need to see a doc pronto. You don't mention your age, but irregular periods can also be helped.

Use those condoms, and get to a doc soon. I don't have any advice for "in the meantime" as I don't think there should be an "in the meantime." Go to a clinic, and call today.

Old 08-01-2003, 08:32 AM   #3
Inactive

mlgable HB User
You need to see the doc and get checked. The docs office has some slots open or available for emergency issues or must see type patients so call the docs office and get seen.

Closed Thread