It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2003, 04:01 PM   #1
(female)

Lithiate HB User
Post Longer cycles after quiting the pill

I stopped taking the pill in March and had one regular period almost immediately after. Since then, I've had the requisite amount of periods, but my cycles are almost twice as long as they were prior to going on the pill (my natural cycle was a good 28 days, on the money, regular since day one). Now, I think I average between 40 to 45 days between periods. My doc said that this is normal and to give it a year for my body to get back onto track, but I'm still concerned. It seems like my PMS symptoms arrive about 2 weeks into my cycle and just get progressively worse until my period finally starts, some 3 weeks later. Another annoying thing is that it *feels* like I'm starting my period for about a week to two weeks before any bleeding actually happens. I'll get cramps, bloating and it will feel like something is actually happening, but when I check, there's nothing there!

Does anyone have any advice on how to help get my periods back on track?

Old 08-01-2003, 05:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
I stopped taking BC in March also. I then got my period twice in April, nothing in May and one in June. I was going to acupuncture and then my acupuncturist went overseas for a couple of months. I'll be starting it up again as i don't want to be on BC just to regulate my period.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2003, 11:14 AM   #3
(female)

Lithiate HB User
Well, in my case, I've always had regular periods even before going on the pill. But something about going off the pill now has my body all thrown off and I just realized that I didn't have my period at all during the month of July. My last day of bleeding was June 18th, so that makes me about 2 weeks over due.

Old 08-01-2003, 05:56 PM   #4

becca122 HB User
I was about 31 day cycle before the pill (in college) when I went off it was more like 39 days. I also felt like PMS for more than normal. You're not alone..

------------------
Becca, waiting to try again

Closed Thread