It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2003, 08:47 PM   #1

~Tona~ HB User
Question Laparoscopy Question

My best friend has a 23 year old daughter who has Endometriosis and had a lap done in May. She went in for a check-up this week and her doctor has scheduled ANOTHER one for August 25th. That will be exactly 3 months and 2 days since her first one. It seems to me that this is awfully early to be having another lap. Should he be scheduling her for another so soon? TIA!

------------------
~Tona~

Old 08-02-2003, 06:12 AM   #2
Veteran

jessilynn68 HB User
Hi there-

Do you know why he scheduled this? Maybe she is still having pain, or he feels he didn't get all the endo? Without the answers, the only advice I can offer is that laps, and other surgerys can cause scar tissue, which makes adhesions, which causes more pain. I have had 3 laps, and have adhesions now. My current doc was very hesitant to do more surgery, because as she said, "Someone has to stop doing surgery on you." And I have only had 3, others here have had many many more. My personal opinion is that it gets to be an ugly cycle. If the surgery is just to explore, maybe they can find other alternatives for the time being.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2003, 11:54 AM   #3

~Tona~ HB User
I'm not sure why he's doing this. She isn't either. She isn't in pain, he's had her on continuous bc pills for the past 3 months and she's been doing just fine. When he did the first lap, he had to remove very little scar tissue.

A friend of their family is an ob/gyn and she told them that there should be at least a 6 month time period between laps.

Thank you very much!

------------------
~Tona~

[This message has been edited by ~Tona~ (edited 08-02-2003).]

Old 08-02-2003, 12:36 PM   #4

tiggerbengal HB User
Has she asked why they are doing another one so soon? Maybe go see another dr. for a second opinion? That's what I did when I had my first one.

Old 08-02-2003, 03:37 PM   #5
Veteran

jessilynn68 HB User
I wouldn't just submit to another lap unless I knew exactly and understood fully why he was doing this. If she doesn't know, she needs to ask. She will learn she has to be very assertive, because if she isn't, docs will walk right over her and likely not take her seriously.

Closed Thread