It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2003, 12:17 PM   #1
(female)

ArtStar HB User
Post period back ?

hi everyone.........after not having my period for about a year and a half i started taking BC last September.....didin't like that pill......gave me headachs so i stopped in Dec.....after that my periods stopped again so i started another pill this past May....that pill made me crazy so i stopped in June...whch was the last time i had a period...this morning i was shocked to see i am spotting some brown and red blood because i haven't had a period without the aid of the pill in 2 years...it is not too heavy yet...My thyroid was tested and i have had a pelvic sonagram to rule out cysts.....i was thinkin it was due to low body fat beacuse i was anorexic and workouted heavily...i have since recovered and cut back on the workouts...... i am wondering if my period is finally coming back on its own...?

Erin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2003, 01:51 PM   #2

piercing HB User
Hi!
When I was on BC pills, I never had a period at all, even after several prescription changes. My body just over responded to any added hormones. My doctor was not concerned and says it's not uncommon. Eventually I switched birthcontrol methods however bacause I was afraid I'd get pregnant while on the pill and not know it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2003, 02:21 PM   #3
Inactive

Shel1974 HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by ArtStar:
i was thinkin it was due to low body fat beacuse i was anorexic and workouted heavily...i have since recovered and cut back on the workouts...... i am wondering if my period is finally coming back on its own...?

Erin

This is most likely the reason you did not have your period. I'm surprised your doctor didn't mention this to you.

Old 08-04-2003, 07:02 PM   #4
Inactive

mlgable HB User
I agree with the fact that your anorexia and heavy workouts is what stopped your period and you body is finally getting back to normal. Often it does take a long time to get your periods back and many people who were anorexic have a hard time getting pregnant due to the amount of stress/damage it does to the entire body.

Closed Thread