It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2003, 03:37 PM   #1
(female)

tpopescu HB User
Unhappy brown blood?

Hi guys, I just wanted to know if any of you gals have had this problem and what it turned out to be. Okay, let me explain the situation (sorry if this is too much info.): On Tues, July 29th, me and hubby had unprotected sex, the next day I started cramping and the day after that I started bleeding old/brown blood. I wasn't supposed to start my period for at least 10 days. Today is day number 6 and I am still bleeding like this (brown blood). It is not really heavy but I have to wear a panty liner and it is there every time I wipe. I wrote an expert Dr. online and he said I could be pregnant b/c sometimes you will have old blood that leaves the uterus and he also said it could be mid-cycle staining (I'm assuming that is kind of like a light mid-period). I did take a pregnancy test on Friday but it was negative and he did say it was too early to tell. Yesterday I called my Dr. and spoke with a nurse and she said there is absolutely nothing to worry about b/c it is most likely an irritated cervix. I asked her how long should I allow this to go on before I am alarmed, I said, "10 days? a month?" and she said, "No, it could go on for a lot longer and that it should be fine." That doesn't sound right to me. I am already hoping that I am pregnant b/c me and hubby have been trying with no luck but Iím afraid I am just getting my hopes up. If I am still bleeding on Friday I am going to call to make an apt. anyway b/c what that nurse said didn't sound right to me. I am only 24 and have never had problems although female problems do run in my family. Anyways, sorry this is so long but I am a lurker and you guys always give good advice. I just wanted to know if any of you guys have had a similar experience and you knew what it was caused from and how long it lasted. Thanks so much for your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2003, 05:47 PM   #2
(female)

knockemdead HB User
I have also experienced the brown spotting you're talking about. This month actually!! I spotted for about 5 days before my period..and it was only there when I wiped. Are you on birth control?? That could definately be causing it. I am pretty sure mine came from the type of pill I'm on..so I've switched now..and I start taking my new pills after this period is over with. Try not to worry too much! Our bodies do weird things sometimes...grr.

Old 08-05-2003, 07:22 PM   #3
(female)

tpopescu HB User
Hi, no I'm not on anything. Thanks for replying, it does help to ease my mind.

Closed Thread