It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2003, 07:11 PM   #1

Tyger HB User
Post Pill periods questions!

Hi
I'm a bit confused -- I'm on the pill (Diane 35) and every time I have my period it is a very fresh flow from beginning right to end, no 'old' brown blood like I used to get before I was on the pill so I know when its stopping.
The even more odd thing is I bleed constant for the first 2 days, then on the next my flow stops COMPLETELY for sometimes up to 24 hours, then will START again with the same fresh blood and continue on for around another day. Its irritating cos' I never know when its finished!

Please tell me of your periods on the pill and how they have changed? All replies welcome!

Old 08-04-2003, 10:47 PM   #2

Tyger HB User
Please post in your experiences! I'm a bit concerned over this. Its rather annoying and I'm wondering if I'm alone in this curious pill period pattern...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2003, 08:45 AM   #3
Inactive

mlgable HB User
I am not on the pill but as the years go by I don't get any old brown blood at all and my period often now will stop and then restart a day later. It does make it hard to know when you have ended. Since this is a concern for you why not talk to your doc about it and see what he suggests.

Old 08-05-2003, 09:42 PM   #4

Tyger HB User
Thanks for your reply...
Its more an annoyance than a concern really - I considered asking the doctor about it but it seems a sort of trivial question.

I was just concerned that perhaps my period actually finished after the 2nd day, but because it was waiting for the hormones again, I keep spotting. So I was thinking of only having like 4 placebos instead of the full 7.
But since you don't have old blood and your period follows this pattern, perhaps its normal...??
How long has yours been like that?

Anyone else NOT get the old blood? and have this stop/start business?

Closed Thread