It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2003, 09:07 PM   #1

nurseterry44 HB User
Angry Fibroids/enlarged uterus/thickened endometrium and prolonged periods

HELP!!!!!!!I am 4yr old 3 children 26 to 10, recently went had gyn check up, dr. found 12-14 week sized uterus. I have been having 9-10 periods, pain has been increasing over the last few months. He sent me for and ultrasound had a "fibroid" smaller than a golf ball, and a thickened "endometrial Stripe"????
can't decide what to do. I think a hysterectomy is fine, have tubes tied no more children for me. He gave me info on several different options for this situation....but I came out confused. any one have any suggestions thoughts or recommendations. Is this going to get worse in all likely hood???? I was on fertility drugs for many cycles back before my last child. clomid, and 2 injectable types, along with lupron. (Pergonal???? can't remember the names. Do these increase any ovarian or endometrial or uterine cancer risks????>

------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2003, 08:31 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User
I also have an enlarged uterus, about the same size as yours and with a small fibroid. My periods are pretty heavy and last about a week with occasional spotting on up to day 14.

My doctor says it's totally up to me to have a hysterectomy; he will not do an ablation; says that he stopped doing them because the majority of his patients came back a year later saying their periods were just as bad as before.

The pill doesn't work for me, my periods are still just as heavy plus it gave me migraines.

So for now, at age 48, I'm hoping that I can stick it out until menopause. I do not have cancer, I am not in pain all month, and my bleeding is pretty much limited to the actual period.

I don't know what to tell you other than a hysterectomy is major surgery and some women have more problems afterwards; so it's best to be 110% sure you want one. I'm not, so that's why I haven't.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread