It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2003, 09:08 AM   #1
(female)

Miss Suzie HB User
Post Problems conceiving after Birth Control?

Just wondering, I've been taking birth control for about 6 years. Does anyone know if that can affect you in the long run if you want to have kids. I know I've heard that some people have problems conceiving after having been on birth control for some time. I'm considering going off the pill for that reason. Any input?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2003, 04:29 PM   #2
Veteran

strand3d HB User
Birth control does NOT make women infertile, no matter how long you have been on the pill. That's a total rumor. Most women take a few months to have a 'normal' cyclen, so it can take a few months to become pregnant after stopping the pill. But it will not prevent you from being able to become pregnant. Depo (the shot) can stay in a woman's system for up to one year, so some women on depo can take over a year to become pregnant. Being on the pill for six years won't affect your ability to have children. If you want some better info look it up on google.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread