It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2002, 05:45 PM   #1

janedoe1301 HB User
Question cervical discharge

For as long as I can remember I have had this vaginal discharge that usually gets pasty and white the week before my period, about the consistency of elmers glue. It's not a yeast infection or anything related to an STD. I've tried changing certain foods to see if it was due to allergy, I've tried douching, etc. but nothing seems to get rid of it.
It's a real nuisance because it stains my panties and I feel really self conscious when my fiance goes down on me. I've been to several gynecologicals and had the discharge tested and they all say the same thing, that it's just "cervical discharge" and there isn't anything that can treat it. Do any of you have this problem? If so, is there a way to get rid of it? Any vitamins/herbal supplements/foods I should take or things I should avoid? Please help, this is driving me crazy!!

Old 01-10-2003, 03:00 PM   #2

glitterkitty HB User
Hi

Supposedly, some discharge is normal. I have been told that you have more of a discharge right before your period because it is your body's way of telling you to have sex (fertilize the egg that is going to be released soon)...

If you have been tested, and everythings negative, I wouldnt worry about it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2003, 06:42 AM   #3

hypochondriac HB User
i have discharge all the time to and it's alot worst b4 my period have had all kinds of tests done pap test , gyn ... and everything is fine with me as long as it doesn't itch or have bad odor you're fine .. take care

[This message has been edited by hypochondriac (edited 02-18-2003).]

Old 08-13-2003, 10:01 AM   #4

Brogan HB User
Hi Jane Doe. I understand. It happens to me also. I also feel uncomfortable with oral sex when there is a lot of discharge and it decreases the "sensation" for both of us during intercourse. I have been diagnosed with numerous Bacterial Vaginosis and yeast infections in the past. Some of these were accurate, but my current doctor feels as if some of them were misdiagnosed - with the doctor thinking it was yeast because there was so much discharge and prescribing medication, but then the results might have come back negative and I was not informed.

My current doctor is going back to review my past medical records (from different doctors), and then wants to meet with me again. He mentioned there are ways to decrease discharge, but they can be unpleasant. I have no idea what he meant - and it sounds like I might not want to! My appointment is not until September 18th (to give him time to get my records sent).

I'll write again if I get more information from that appointment. Have you gotten any further information?

Closed Thread