It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2003, 10:27 AM   #1
(female)

elephantlvr HB User
Post What does "normal" discharge look like?

Sorry for the wording in this. Don't know how else to state it.

What does normal discharge from the vagina look like. (Like when a women is excited?)

I have had numereous infections for like 9 months now. (Now I am using Boric Acid supposities and using premarin cream to try to regular the acidity of my vagina to prevent infections. So for, I have went a month and a half without an infection. The longest in a good while.)

I used the permarin cream for the first time 4 days ago. (a 2 pea-sized amount) Yesterday I was extremely "wet" down there with a milkly white clear liquid.

I called the dr to see if this was the start of another infection. She said maybe not. To wait and see.

Is this normal discharge? Any advise to help me. I really do not want another infection. I am so tired of them.

[This message has been edited by elephantlvr (edited 03-25-2003).]

Old 03-25-2003, 10:31 PM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Discharge varies from woman to woman so it would be hard to say if your discharge is normal or not. Be sure you are eating plenty of yogurt with live active cultures or taking acidophillis capsules daily to help keep your good bacteria in check.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2003, 11:01 AM   #3
(female)

elephantlvr HB User
Thanks for the response. I have been eating between 1 - 3 yogurts a day since June 2002 when this all started.
I bought Acidophilus and started taking it yesterday. I have IBS and was afraid to do that before.

I'm feeling somewhat better today, so maybe this will just pass.

Old 08-13-2003, 10:11 AM   #4

Brogan HB User
elephantlvr -

has anything more happened with this? Is the discharge continuing? From reading information on here I am realizing that a lot of women have discharge and it's very normal, but noone has said much about it effecting intercourse or what can be done about that. Have you found any suggestions/info. on that?

Old 08-13-2003, 10:14 AM   #5

Brogan HB User
elephantlvr - I also went through YEARS of being diagnosed with yeast infections and bacterial infections. My current doctor is going back to check over my medical records from previous doctors to make sure that I actually had infections. He said that I do have a lot of discharge right now, but it's not an infection. When I first was checked he said it was yeast and prescribed medication. Then when I went back to have it re-checked he said that the results had come back showing that I DID NOT actually have an infection. He said that this might have happened a lot to me in the past.

Closed Thread