It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2003, 01:48 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
Post periods getting shorter

Is/has this happened to anyone else? This has been happening for well over a year lm 37, lve gone from 5 days to 4,3,2 now one and half days! cramps are rotten..nurofen sorts that problem, lm not complaining just wondering why, thanx for any info http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif ps l am regular and dont miss.

[This message has been edited by niecsey (edited 08-12-2003).]

Old 08-12-2003, 08:13 PM   #2

Just lil old me HB User
Hey Im only 14.. but I got my period when i was 10.. since than everytime it seems to get shorter.. So i asked my mom about it.. she says that it is normal to happen.. if you have sex more often it can change it.. and i did research about it and if you have had lots of stress it makes it slower... or sometimes faster... and i dont get cramps anymore and my period seems to leave in a day or two which is pretty good.. just thought I would tell ya

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2003, 09:08 PM   #3

Tyger HB User
Wow, I'd count yourself lucky!! Generally a period that is shorter than 3 days, however, is not really average for a woman so mention it to your doc on your next visit.
Are you on the pill? cos' this is perfectly normal if you are.

Tyger.

Old 08-13-2003, 06:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

no ,no pill, nothing hes had a vasectomy.......... l am lucky really lol but wanted some ideas of why this is happening thanks for both of your replies xxx

Old 08-13-2003, 06:56 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User
You might be entering perimenopause, the time before menopause when changes start taking place in the cycle.

I wish I had only a one day period, I'm 48 and my periods are regular like clockwork now, but still a good week long; whereas, in my childbearing years, I suffered from very irregular cycles. Go figure!

Couldn't hurt to see your doctor, though, or just mention it at your next annual exam.

Old 08-13-2003, 12:07 PM   #6
Inactive

DSanchi HB User
Hi,

I just turned 35, but noticed the same thing happening to me since I turned 30. I have always been regular and *always* had a normal flow lasting 5-7 days right up until my 29th birthday. Like clockwork, all of a sudden they started getting lighter and shorter until I was worried. I asked my gyno but she seemed to think everything was fine and that it does happen to some women as they age. I have no history of stds or endo or anything and even though I did consider myself "lucky" I have to admit it was almost sad to be losing what I felt was an important part of my womanhood. Now I've been on the pill for almost 8 months, and I almost have no period at all. Just some moderate spotting for a day and a half...it's all but disappeared. I just wanted to say that I can totally relate. I know some women would consider this an absolute blessing, but for me it has been rather disconcerting. I figured I'd lose it one day...but not this early!

Old 08-13-2003, 01:27 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanx ladies when l started having panic attacks etc a number of yrs ago (gone now) around 10days b4 period and had hell till it finished my mum thought it was menopause too but doc said no way!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif male by the way, he did do some hormone test said l had pmt flunctuating hormones.........that was it, so it must be OLD age eh? will mention it next visit to docs , who would be a woman? LOL ps no stds, abortions, miscarriages etc 2 healthy children

[This message has been edited by niecsey (edited 08-13-2003).]

Closed Thread