It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2003, 09:49 AM   #1

shell24 HB User
Unhappy off depo/bad bleeding and tampons

i was on depo 9 months it made me sick and depressed so i have been off it sice jan2003,i did not get my period back intill 2 weeks ago (and it was bbbaaaddd) then a week later i start bleeding again this time going threw a super tampon in a hour .... here i am 6 days later ..and my tampon is dry (no blood) i take it out and less then 5 mins later i am driping blood so i put a tampon back in becouse iam scared iam going to bleed heavy again , is this a sign that its going to stop soon ... if i go with out the tampon will i start bleeding as heavy as before ...and will i get back to the norm ?...is this all becouse of depo ? iam scared please reply thank you all

[This message has been edited by shell24 (edited 08-13-2003).]

[This message has been edited by shell24 (edited 08-13-2003).]

Old 08-13-2003, 01:46 PM   #2
Veteran

strand3d HB User
Don't worry, this is a totally normal side effect from coming off depo. For a lot of women it takes MONTHS (like you did) to get your period again, and then when they do it it its random bleeding, and very heavy. It should go back to normal fairly soon. This month might be weird bleeding, you might bleed a lot and very heavy, but hopefully within the next month or so,it should go back to normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread