It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2003, 07:34 AM   #1
(female)

Zipity HB User
Exclamation 3 day migraine!!!!

I normally do get a migraine the day before I get my period. But this month for some reason, I've had the migraine for 3 days! Wednesday I took 2 aleve and that took away most of the pain. Yesterday it came back again so I took aleve again. It seemed to take off the edge. Then it came back and I still have it. Wednesday night I fell asleep with a warm towel on my head and that really helped, but last night it didn't. So now I'm at work, with this horrible pain in my neck and behind my eyes. Help!!

Old 08-15-2003, 07:50 AM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
See the doc and get some medication for the migraine. You mention neck pain and pain near the eyes so I am wondering if maybe your sinuses aren't involved too. Either way see your doc today and get some relief.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2003, 10:42 AM   #3
Veteran

strand3d HB User
Are you on birth control at all? I found that my birth control was causing horrible migranes. I'd suggest going to see your doctor to rule out any major problems.

Old 08-15-2003, 11:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

I would strongly suggest that you go and have some acupuncture treatment. Migraines before periods are generally caused by what is known as Liver Qi Stagnation which can be helped with acupuncture and could solve your migraines totally before periods. The fact that you get neck pain, means that you probably have Stagnation in the Gallbladder Meridian that runs up both sides of the neck. Pain behind or near the eyes relates to the Liver Meridian too.

Try the acupuncture and see if this helps.

Closed Thread