It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2003, 11:57 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

scotianprincess HB User
Post shaving methods for pubic area...wah!

hello gals..

Ok, I am sick of getting huge sore ingrowns when I shave "down there"....and of course, stubble, I mean how gross..

I know waxing is an option, but frankly, that seems more like a torture to me, and also b/c I am overweight my skin there is flabby, so I can't see it being flat enough to wax and NOT kill me....but also b/c I am flabby I can't shave close enough to the skin so I end up being stubbly...UGH

what other methods are effective for getting rid of hair???? I mean getting rid of ALL OF IT...heck even if you have ways to no get rid of all of it, just clean it up, etc...I am desperate!!!!!!!

thanks!!!

Old 07-31-2003, 12:33 PM   #2

Christyus HB User
Well first of all when you shave you should hold the skin taut and go in the direction the hair grows or lay down and do it. I got into the conversation 1 time with my SIL who is also heavy and that's what she told me. But he ingrown hairs, alot of people get those no-matter if they are big or little. Waxing isn't that bad. First time OUCH!!! but then on fine. I take 4 advil 30 min prior and it helps.

[This message has been edited by Christyus (edited 07-31-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2003, 12:36 AM   #3
Inactive

kimzi81 HB User
i have the same problem w/ the ingrown hairs. my sister uses tea tree oil to prevent her ingrowns (she gets A LOT) seems to be helping a little bit, but she's only used it for a couple of weeks so far. As for getting waxed, it is soooooo much better than shaving. It takes about a week for hair to even START growing back so it's nice and smooth for a long time (as compared to shaving where it get stubbly almost immediately!) my waxer uses a sterile needle to take out the ingrowns, which are getting fewer and fewer with each waxing session. she tell me to exfoliate w/ a thick washcloth and not to wear tight clothing when the hair starts to grow back. The pain isn't unbearable. Actually, the whole process takes about 10 minutes to do. Some of my friends tell me they are sore for about 30 minutes after having been waxed, but I had no soreness afterward. Pop 2 tylenols about an hour before you go and you should be fine! =) I highly recommend it. Feels much better in every way.

Old 08-17-2003, 09:27 PM   #4

MessyGirl HB User
A product called TendSkin will miraculously get rid of this problem for you. Also, trying waxing from time to time, to thin the hair out. For the bikini line getting electrolysis will eliminate the problem (and the hair) all together, and for the inner bikini line, a few treatments with a laser will thin the hair out making waxing and shaving easier. But Tendskin (try [url="http://www.sephora.com)"]www.sephora.com)[/url] will take care of the problem in the easiest way. Once a day for two weeks. A real miracle product.

Closed Thread