It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2003, 05:15 AM   #1

AZMom HB User
Unhappy I don't know what's wrong with me

I am hoping someone out there might know what is wrong with me. (warning~ tmi, I'm sorry but I want to describe what this pain is.) I get these pains out of nowhere~ it is not consistent and I have no idea what brings it on. It used to be once or twice a month and then after I got pregnant it ceased altogether. I had my dd 9 months ago and up until now I thought whatever it was I was "cured". But then this morning at 4am I was woken by this awful pain again!

The pain I get is in two different places. I get this deep ache on my left side of my abdomen (next to my hip bone) and the severe pain is in a different place, inside my vagina. It is like a throbbing, aching, sharp stabbing pain inside that penetrates to my entire vaginal/rectal region. I can actually feel my tissues throbbing inside!

I've taken Motrin and will just keep popping the pills but when this happens nothing I do makes it stop~ I just have to wait it out. The pain is severe and in the past I've gone to Urgent Care for it and they can't do anything. I've had exams done (both at U. Care and from gynecologists) and they can't find out what is wrong. Everything looks ok, no urinary infection, no std, nothing to indicate what is wrong! It is not during my menstrual cycle or ovulation time, either.

At one point I thought I had interstitial cystitis (I searched on the web looking for anything that might sound like what this is) but this doesn't seem to be affected by what I eat or drink, is not at any particular time in my cycle, and seems to have no 'triggers'.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this? Have you ever heard anything like this? I am so depressed because I thought this was gone and now the pain is back and I have a baby to take care of~ I can't be slowed down by this pain! Please help if you have any advice~ I would really appreciate it!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2003, 05:55 AM   #2

Pandabaire3 HB User
Don't know what that could be but my advice is to go see your gynocologist about it for an exam. Could be endometriosis, a cyst, or something else causing the pain.

Old 08-15-2003, 07:43 AM   #3
Inactive

mlgable HB User
I agree you need to see the doc and get this checked out. They need to do more thorough testing to find out what is going on. If your regular doc won't get to the root of the problem then change docs and find someone who will. Also since the Ibuprofen doesn't help much as the doc for some stronger pain medication or ask him if it is alright to take Ibuprofen in prescritpion strength.

Old 08-15-2003, 09:19 AM   #4

als771 HB User
I sympathize Ė Iím going through a very similar experience. I had a laparoscopy done 3 weeks ago for endo/cysts, and still am having pain. Mine, too, is on the left mostly, next to hipbone above pubic bone, from the front straight through to lower back. Can be sharp and stabbing or throbbing. You may need to have a diagnostic lap done, a LOT of problems (such as endo) donít show up on regular imaging exams or pelvic exams. Please make an appt to see your dr, hope you fell better!

Old 08-15-2003, 11:06 AM   #5

AZMom HB User
I have a history of endo but didn't think it was that because the pain feels different. I really hope it isn't the endo, back again! We just moved to this area so I don't even have a dr I can go to. I'm going to call around today and see how quick I can get in to see someone. Till then I am just taking lots of Motrin (six since I posted this morning) but it still hurts.

Thanks for the replies.

Old 08-15-2003, 12:22 PM   #6

als771 HB User
You mentioned you had endo previously - was it removed, and how? Apparently, if dr lasers/cauterizes it out it has a greater chance of growing back than if it's cut out. Mine came back, in new and old places, this time I had it cut out. I guess endo wasn't the problem since I still have pain. I've heard that endo pain can vary depending on location - for example, you could have stage 4 disease on your pelvic wall and have no/little pain, whereas endo on the ligaments or bowel can cause excruciating pain. good luck getting an appointment.

Old 08-15-2003, 01:51 PM   #7

Pandabaire3 HB User
Could be fibroyds causing you pain as well....something about the blood supply going to the fibroyd can do this to some women.

Old 08-16-2003, 12:08 AM   #8

AZMom HB User
I had laparoscopies to laser out the endo. It kept coming back but for the last few years I thought I was ok. I started getting pains again before I got pregnant and then was pain-free until now (and my dd is 9 mos old now). I'm still feeling lousy~ all day I've been taking Motrin.

I don't know anything about fibroyds but I guess I can look it up on the web and see if my symptoms sound like it could be that. I just want to know what's causing this pain and get it fixed!!

Old 08-18-2003, 11:02 AM   #9

als771 HB User
I didn't have any problems with endo while I was pregnant and for several months afterward - I'm sure it has something to do w/ hormone levels. I had my 2nd daughter in April 2002, and didn't start having recurrence of symtoms until March 2003. Did you ever get an appt?

Closed Thread