It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2003, 11:48 AM   #1

lilmisduck69 HB User
Angry tooooo overweight

i'm only 15 and I weigh about 175 lbs... I HATE BEING FAT...I know it's my fault i'm fat and not any one elses... but I wanna lose weight...and fast...can some one plz give me some ideas...I do exersise it's just not working.....I fell like killing myself... I'm too fat to be here..plz some one help!

Old 08-15-2003, 02:39 PM   #2
(female)

hizgirl HB User
don't be so hard on yourself, besides nothing is worth dying for. how tall are you? are you a boy or a girl?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2003, 02:51 PM   #3
Inactive

DanaJ HB User
First off, you may not notice any changes right away. Things like losing weight take some time. You say you are exercising? What do you do? Whatever it is, you should keep up with it. What about your diet? Do you try to eat healthy? Do your parents follow a healthy diet? Are they willing to help you get on the right track when it comes to nutrition and exercise?

Don't give up! Start eating healthy, if you haven't already, adn continue the exercise. Also drink lots of water. Try to avoid a lot of sugar, caffeine and fats.
Don't give up any of your favorite foods, just eat them in moderation and less often. Fruits are a good way to curb your sugar cravings.

You might want to viist the diet and nutrition board here and see if you can find anything to help you. Don't give up, you seem to be on the right track, and I commend you for that

I know it's hard, but as you get older it's extremely hard to lose weight. Much harder than how it is when you're young. Keep up the good work! And remember- stuff like this takes time. Be patient, and keep yourself motivated, and you shall be rewarded
Good luck!

Old 08-15-2003, 04:58 PM   #4

lilmisduck69 HB User
keithsgirl.......i'm 5'5 and female

DanaJ....i work out at our apt.s weight room....I have no diet ...I only eat 1 meal a day thou!!!!

Old 08-15-2003, 06:29 PM   #5

rose777 HB User
DON'T eat just one meal a day!
try to eat more often, and smaller portions. If you only eat one meal a day, it's harder to burn the fat. i know this doesnt seem to make sense, but when your body digests food, your metabolism levels jump up too. if your body has no food, it goes into energy conservation mode and tries to conserve fat-therefore it's harder to work out bc ure tired and it's harder to burn calories bc your body doesnt want to!
you mentioned that you're working out in the weight room--do u do any cardio? like running, or ski machines, etc etc? those burn a lot more calories, and at least in my experience, running makes you lose weight pretty quickly. (I think last time i ran regularly, i lose about 10 pounds in 2 weeks or so.) the only thing with this, (my problem anyway) is trying to stick with it. a lot of times you can get bored w/ it. I remember when i was younger, too, I took a taekwondo class that made me drop pounds VERY quickly. later, i tried tae bo.. which also was fun and made it easy to lose weight. maybe you can talk to your parents about that if running just doesn't cut it for you.
good luck!!!
ps- another option is maybe exercise tapes if you don't want to pay for a class. those are cheaper and more accessible b/c all u have to do is pop it in the vcr/dvd player.
and one MORE thing! everyone else is right, stop being so hard on yourself!!! cheer up, you're on the right track!!!

[This message has been edited by rose777 (edited 08-15-2003).]

Old 08-18-2003, 01:04 PM   #6

scorpricorn HB User
Smile

Let me tell you something

I was 13 in 7th grade and weighed 193 lbs. 193!!! I didn't even realize I was so big until I got weighed at the doctor's office when I had an ear infection. I decided that I really needed to lose weight because my lifestyle was obviously very unhealthy. I started walking every night with my mom for about 45 minutes and I stopped getting on the computer so much. In 2 1/2 weeks I lost 12 lbs. This gave me the motivation to keep going. I continued walking and tried to cut down on fatty foods and my computer time.

I lost 23 lbs within a few months and kept it off for 3 years by just walking, eating more healthy foods, and just plain BEING MORE ACTIVE! I have horrible will-power and I am very lazy, so I started gaining back the weight and it sucks, but at least now I know what to do to lose it again.

My good friend was 175 lbs and started riding her bike and walking every night with her mom and she started eating very sensibly and over ONE summer she ended up at 140 lbs! She joined an aerobics class and now she is done to around 130 lbs, she looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I am so jealous of her hehehe but proud of her and I know that I can do the same if I really try and SO CAN YOU!

NEVER EVER GIVE UP! Just tell yourself that you will feel good after you work out and just take things one day at a time. It may take a while but this is something that you will never regret. GOOD LUCK!!

Closed Thread