It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2003, 01:50 AM   #1

meemee HB User
Post do i have yeast infection? please HELP ME

me and my boyfriend have been practicing oral sex. one time he left for a week so we did not get a chance to have oral sex. after he left i got my period and towards the end of it i started to feel itching. i thought maybe it was because i was still wearing a pad even though my period was almost over. so i then stopped wearing that and wore normal cotton unerwear. the itching wasn't as bad but when i checked that night, there was peeling on the outer lips of my vagina. considering that i am still a virgin i am having a hard time figuring out what is wrong with me. my boyfriend sais it might just be a simple irriation. it does not hurt when i touch it so i am hoping it is not a yeast infection. plllease tell me what you think it might be if u have any idea what it may be. please

Old 08-17-2003, 08:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
The only way to know what is going on is to see your doctor. Only he/she can tell you if it is a yest infection or some other infection.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2003, 08:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kellie2 HB User
If you aren't experiencing any kind of a discharge, I wouldn't be too concerned about it. If the only thing you have is itching and peeling skin, the skin could simply be peeling from you itching. Yes, it could be related to the oral sex but I don't think in a bad way, it does sound as if it's just an irritation, as your boyfriend suggests. Does he have a beard or mustache?
Personally, I wouldn't worry but if it's really uncomfortable, try putting a little Cortaid on it and it should help clear it up in a day or so. It will also stop the itching. You also may want to use a mirror and look at the area that's bothering you to make sure nothing else is going on. (And you DO know not to have oral sex if your partner has ANY kind of a sore on his lip, right? Because that cold sore is herpes and can most definitely be passed to you 'down there'. It's not fussy about which end it infects, and if you get that, you got it for life).

Any more questions, let us know.

Old 08-17-2003, 09:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Actually you dont have to have a discharget o have a yeast infection or other types of infections. I learned that one the hard way to say the least. About ayear ago I had sudden pain along one wall of my vagina for about an hour. It came and went after that lasting a few seconds at a time. I went to my doctor the next day and he asked all the usual questions to see if I had any signs of a yeast infections. I told him all I had was strange pains. He then decided to do an exam and see what he could see. Low and behold I had a yeast infection. I took the meds given to me and never had any discharge from that time.

Your best bet is to get this checked by your doctor to make sure things are ok.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 08-18-2003, 10:25 AM   #5

meemee HB User
hi,
i just want to say thanks for all your help. the itching has now stopped and there has never been any pain. the peeling has gotten better although it hasn't completely disappeared. i was just wondering how much discharge do u have to have to know that its not normal anymore. i have a little bit of discharge but i've had that even before i experienced anything. i remember asking my mom about it and she said that haing a little bit of discharge is fine, all women have it. so i don't know how much of it i'm supposed to watch out for to know that its bad. thanks for all your advices. it has really made a difference.

Old 08-18-2003, 10:27 AM   #6

meemee HB User
and yes...he does have a little bit of a beard. i'm hoping thats what caused it. thnks for the help

Old 08-18-2003, 10:29 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kellie2 HB User
Oh, I think you would know when it's not normal. If it changes color, is heavier than normal to the point where you can actually feel it, or has a strong odor, it's something to get checked. Otherwise don't worry...

Old 08-18-2003, 10:43 AM   #8
Inactive

Shel1974 HB User
I have had problems with yeast infections since February, the last time my husband gave me oral. You can get yeast infections just from receiving oral, and my yeast infections never have a dischage or much itching, just burning during sex. But since you do not have intercourse, I guess you wouldn't know for sure. And your menstrual cycle is another common time to get yeast infections from your hormones changing. If you don't feel totally normal down there, I'd go get checked for a yeast infection.

Old 08-18-2003, 10:46 AM   #9

meemee HB User
i have had two kinds of discharges. clear and the other type is milky. the milky type i have had a little bit of today. but i also rememebring having that a long time ago where i didn't experience anything unusual. there isnt any odor though.

Old 08-19-2003, 09:50 AM   #10
Inactive

Shel1974 HB User
Yeast infections usually do not carry an odor. I really think you should go to the doctor. I know we all dread going, but isn't not knowing driving you crazy? You obviously do not feel normal down there. Please go and let us know how you make out

Closed Thread