It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2003, 08:00 PM   #1
Inactive

rrsmom HB User
Question Pill use after children

Has anyone else had this problem? I was on the pill (different kinds) for years before I had my 2 children. Other than problems with migraines with some, they worked fine. Now that I've had babies, I bleed almost continually while using the pill. The only time I didn't was when I was nursing and on the minipill (forgot which one). Now I am on my 2nd pack of Ovcom35 and I have been bleeding just about every day since I started. This has happened before with other pills and I am so sick of it! Has my body really changed so much that I just can't take the pill anymore??? Has anyone else had this happen? Thanks for any replies...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2003, 08:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User
Same here. I've got two kids and was on Demulen and would only NOT bleed or spot for about 10 days. I got sick of it, literally, I had migraines and even switching brands it didn't help so I just quit the pill. I think it's very common and best thing to do is call the doc for some advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2003, 08:22 PM   #3
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Your best bet is to call the docs office and let his nurse know what it is happening with this pill. Have her talk to the doc to see what he recommends be it a visit to the office just different meds etc.

Old 08-18-2003, 09:46 PM   #4
Veteran

strand3d HB User
I'm not really sure why the pill would effect your system different since you had a baby. Perhaps because your system is still a little out of whack. Why don't you go back on the minipill? I know it's more hassle because you HAVE to take it at the same time everyday. But if you didn't have migraines on it, isn't it a good option? I'd suggest changing brands, or at least seeing what your doctor has to say about it. You could also consider having an IUD inserted since you already have children.

Old 08-19-2003, 12:28 PM   #5
Inactive

rrsmom HB User
My doctor told me that ovcom was a mini-pill, but maybe I should try the same mini-pill as I had when I was nursing, like you said. But I have a feeling the only reason I wasn't bleeding then was because I was nursing! Oh well, I guess I could try one more pill. thanks for the replies, I just wondered if anyone else had this problem after having kids...weird...

Old 08-19-2003, 12:30 PM   #6
Inactive

rrsmom HB User
Oh! Strand, what do you mean you HAVE to take it at the same time everyday? Sometimes I take my pill an hour or so late, would it really make me bleed all the time like this. I mean, do you have to take it literally at the same exact hour every day???

Closed Thread