It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2003, 06:33 AM   #1

trvlgal73 HB User
Post Irritation?

First of all, I'd like to say how useful this board has been to me over the past few months. I had a LEEP a few months ago for dysplasia and the info here was very helpful. BTW, I didn't have any pain and the procedure was quick and easy.

On to my question. I've noticed recently that the opening to my vagina is reddish - not the same color as my pelvic area. I just started checking myself 3 weeks ago after my vagina was sore and swollen after a weekend with my out-of-town boyfriend. We hadn't seen each other in 2 months. I thought I was allergic to the condoms, but I never used to have this problem. It only started in January.

I did try to see my GYN who performed the LEEP, but the secretary wouldn't make an appointment for me and just told me to use Monistat without asking the doctor. However to use Monistat, I need to have a Yeast Infection, don't I?

I don't have any heavy, thick or discolored discharge, sex itself is not painful (only the vaginal opening afterwards), I don't see blisters or warts, I had some itching and dryness a few days ago, but otherwise I think I'm normal.

Does anyone know if the redness is normal or have any suggestions about the condom allergy? Could I be over-reacting and the problem is just that sex is not on a regular basis that my vagina can't handle these weekend reunions after months of no sex?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Donna

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2003, 09:13 AM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
You can go ahead and use the monistat on the outer vaginal area for any irritation but since you are having recurrent problems I would suggest seeing the doc or at least talking to his nurse so she can see what he suggests you do. DO NOT let the receptionist try to tell you what to do or use again though and be sure to mention this to the docs nurse when you talk to her so she can bring this up to him that the receptionist is prescribing treatments without his consent. In essence she is practicing medicine without a license and that is illegal. As harmless as it may seem she could cause someone to have more problems by delaying proper treatment for them if she continues to "tell them what to use" via the phone instead of getting them in to see the doc.

Closed Thread