It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2003, 08:41 PM   #1
(female)

Zipity HB User
Post Tampons not working!

I have always had this problem with tampons. I wear one correctly, and even if my flow isn't heavy, they still leak out "the front" I have to wear a pad and a tampon. Like I said it's not because the flow is heavy and it saturates the tampon, but it's almost like it misses the tampon completely and comes out onto the pad. Does this happen to anyone else? Someone told me once that it was maybe because of the way I'm built, the blood follows the folds of my vagina instead of soaking into the tampon?? Does that make sense?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2003, 09:00 PM   #2

crystalline HB User
have you tried different brands and absorbencies of tampons? maybe a different brand would be shaped differently or a different size...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2003, 12:33 AM   #3
Inactive

mlgable HB User
You need to try a different brand. All tampons do not expand the same way so you need to find a brand that expands for you particular vagina and your flow.

Old 08-15-2003, 06:50 AM   #4

soccergirl20 HB User
Have you talked to your gyno about it? I think maybe he/she could help you or like the other posters said, try a different brand. Sorry that is happening to you. Good luck in finding something that works.

Old 08-15-2003, 05:44 PM   #5

ballmom14 HB User
I have this problem too. My uterus sits straight up and down, instead of the normal "tilted-forward" position that most women have. This is why I have the tampon problem. Another problem I have is that sometimes, the tampon doesn't even want to go in, and I have to take it out and use another one. I waste many tampons every month because of this...do you have that problem also?

Old 08-15-2003, 08:45 PM   #6

shadepra HB User
I have that problem more with some tampon brands than others. My uterus seems to be tilted to one side, and the blood flows down one side of the tampon and then out without soaking the whole tampon. I found that playtex tampons seem to work best for me--you just have to try different brands. Also, after you insert the tampon, gently pull on the string to pull it down just a bit so it will form more of a barrier at the vaginal opening (just don't pull it down too much or it might feel uncomfortable).

Old 08-17-2003, 02:45 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
I have had that same problem too. The only kind I can use is ob tampons. They do not come with an applicator you take the plastic off and take the string and pull it around to make that side spread out as far as you can this way it is wider at the bottom and will not let anything leak through. It has been the only thing that works for me.

Old 08-17-2003, 07:31 PM   #8
(female)

Zipity HB User
Thanks ladies! I'm going to have to try different brands next month. I've always stuck to Tampax because that's just what I've always used! I didn't really think that there would be a difference in brands, but I will give it a shot! Thanks again!

Old 08-18-2003, 07:26 AM   #9
(female)

Sapphire926 HB User
Have you tried Pearl tampons??? I had the same problem with leaking until I tried these. They expand into the perfect shape and they even have an absorbant string. I love these!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck

Old 08-18-2003, 06:26 PM   #10
Senior Veteran

PaNik5717 HB User
I have always had the same problem, too. I guess I will try different brands - anyone want a whole case of my old brand? Ha. My uterus is tipped way back and it seems like tampons have become more uncomfortable lately. I always bleed out through the string of the tampon. It is really gross to take out and then the rest of it is still white. I always have to have a back-up pad so it seems pointless to even bother, unless I am swimming.

Not having periods for a while unless the doc makes me, but I will try new brands when I do. Thanks!

Old 08-18-2003, 07:11 PM   #11
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User
I've yet to find a tampon that doesn't leak. There was one years ago that I liked but it was taken off the market because it caused toxic shock more than the others.

I just find tampons help me to not worry so much about my period when I'm gone for an hour or so on those heavy days. But I'd never use one without a pad as a backup...I found out the hard way at work one time that you can't just rely on them alone. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Old 08-21-2003, 09:36 AM   #12

BuGaBoO2006 HB User
I personally hate tampons. I don't wear them. I don't really "trust them" because of they same reason. I just stick to pads. I think (although i wouldnt say i like them) there easier

Old 08-21-2003, 01:52 PM   #13
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User
A friend of mine sent me this warning about those tampons, and now you've mentioned it as well. Must be something to it!

Old 08-21-2003, 02:06 PM   #14
Senior Veteran

PaNik5717 HB User
I did a search about that the other day after I got the e-mail. I was trying to decide if I should post something here. I found it mentioned on several hoax sites. The part about the company not owning up to it doesn't convince me, but the fact that it is third party information and the vague details about the diagnosis all sound a little sketchy. Apparently, all of our tampons leave fiber residue inside of us and no one gets sick.

Just what I read.

Closed Thread