It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2003, 02:12 PM   #1

buttonnose HB User
Post can i stop my period?

My period starts this saturday and I want to know if there is a way I can skip it this month. I start a new job on the same day and the last thing I want is to be on the rag with mood swings. BTW, I've been on the pill for the last 7 months and the last pill I took was on Monday aug 18. I need advice asap. Thanks.

Old 08-21-2003, 02:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

PaNik5717 HB User
I don't think there is a way to stop the PMS symptoms, especially if you have already stopped the pills this month. I am on continuous BCPs, but my body has no way of knowing that for the first month and still acts like I am going to have a period. I simply keep taking the pills and the bleeding doesn't start. After that the body may forget when to PMS. That's all theory, though. It hasn't worked for me, yet.

If you don't want to bleed, the way to do it is call your doc and get the OK to do it with your body and your pills and then to keep taking them instead of skipping a week or taking the placebos. It may be too late since you already stopped. Call your doc and ask.

Others probably have advice about how to mitigate the moodiness - diet, exercise, etc. Good luck with your new job!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2003, 02:45 PM   #3
Veteran

strand3d HB User
Since you're on the pill there is a way to skip your period. Instead of taking the week of placebo pills (the ones you take when you get your period), just go directly to a new pack of pills, and do not take the placebo's.

You may totally skip your period, or you may have some break through bleeding, and spotting. Some pills aren't very good for skipping your period on, but its totally safe to try it.

Closed Thread