It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2003, 08:54 PM   #1

krystel HB User
Post Re: Late Period

Hi am am concerned about my period being 5 weeks late. My period has never been 5 weeks late before. I took a at home pregnancy test and it came back negitive. I have not been under any stress so that couldn't be the reason. Can somone please give me any advice on whats going on, or what I should do next??

Old 08-20-2003, 04:53 AM   #2

Tyger HB User
You didnt mention whether or not you are sexually active and have had unprotected sex since your last period. When was the last time you had sex?

I say this because there is a chance that the home pregnancy test was not accurate; this could be to do with the concentration of your urine at the time, how long you've been pregnant for (if you even are) etc.

Also, if you've just started your periods, they tend to be scatty and irregular. Don't stress too much - see a doctor if you're still concerned.

Tyger.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2003, 08:55 AM   #3

krystel HB User
Red face

Thank you Tyger for replying to my question. I am sexually active, and I do have sex at least once or twice a week so I have had sex before and after I have missed my period. We usually use protection after we have pre sex without a condom. We have also used the pull out method once or twice. Like I said I am on my 5th week of being late on my period, and I have taken an at home pregnancy test and the result was negitive. My concern is that maybe the test result was in acurate, but what can cause it to be inacurate?? Any advice on what I can do to to get an acurate test result??
Thank You,
Krystel

Old 08-20-2003, 09:19 AM   #4
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Pre sex without a condom? What do you mean with this phrase? Anytime his penis is near your vagina he needs to have a condom on it since many men don't realize when they are leaking precum. Some women don't make enough of the pregnancy hormone to have a positive reading real soon so your best bet is to see the doc right away since the earlier you start prenatal care the better off you will be. See the doc to find out if you indeed are pregnant or if not the doc will try to determine why your period is late. Since you admit to unprotected sex even though you use the pull out method there is a very good chance you could be pregnant.

Old 08-22-2003, 11:18 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

mommarican HB User
Krystel, I would suggest you go to the doctor for an examination. You can then be checked thoroughly and put your mind to rest. Sometimes our bodies just get out of whack and you may need a prescription of provera or something just to bring your cycle down. Good luck to you....

Closed Thread