It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2003, 03:33 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

bluesnowflake HB User
Post oooo itchy ow ow ow ow it hurts to sit

wow, I have had a MILLION yeast infections, but never one that hurt... only when I had a bacterial infection did it actually hurt
but OH BOY it really does hurt to sit! And it feels so DRY down there, like sandpaper. and its so itchy. i am taking an antibiotic right now, and normally it does give me a slight reaction to it, but never one like this...I need some desperate relief! I can't go to a drugstore to get anything until Monday though...oh its so terrible oo oo oo. lol. I want to rip it out. Any advice? I have yogurt, but it has fruit in it so thats out...any other regular household things to help me out? thanks. sitting SUCKS!!

Old 08-17-2003, 09:26 AM   #2

meemee HB User
hi,

i stumbled upon you message, but i'm sorry i don't think i know what is wrong considering that i myself have no idea if i have a yeast infection or not. but i just wanted to know if you have had a yeast infection in where it didn't hurt at all but it was a little bit itchy with minor peeling. the itchiness woould only be there for short periods of time. mine has been getting better though. please reply when u have the time. thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2003, 06:39 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

bluesnowflake HB User
most of my past yeast infections are just minor itchiness, lots of peeling, and slight tenderness. this one seemed to relax after I finally got to sleep last night. Do you take anything for yours? I never have- only for the bacterial infection. I used to drink cranberry juice like crazy to help them though. Thats probably why this one is more painful- because I haven't touched any cranberries lately. I have another doctors appt. tomorrow though, so I will demand something from him.

Old 08-19-2003, 09:55 AM   #4
Inactive

Shel1974 HB User
How did you make out??

When I'm at work I sit with my ice cold water bottle between my legs. Feels soooo sooothing, and this way no one can really see me, lol....but I know how you feel. Sucks doesn't it???

Old 08-19-2003, 02:37 PM   #5

~~NatureLovers~~ HB User
Ohhhh, i even hesitated before reading this post, my luck is always if i think about a bv or yeast or read about it,,,,,,,,give me 5-10 days and im game for one. They are just absolutely miserable. I take a soft hand towel, wrapped around a baggie of ice, and place it between my legs at night to sleep.

Old 08-20-2003, 10:26 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

bluesnowflake HB User
well I bought...er, my mom insisted on buying me...canesten the other day. It doesn't hurt to sit anymore, but the discharge and stuff hasn't really slowed down. Tonight's my last night for the three day pack though, if its not cleared up by Friday I am going rampaging! Ice packs hey, to be honest, I have never heard of anyone using them for yeast infections, but I will definitly have to try it since there were two of you!! Thanks!

Old 08-22-2003, 11:08 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

mommarican HB User
Hey there Bluesnowflake
May I make a suggestion to you or anyone else on this board that seem to suffer from multiple yeast infections and that is ME too! I did research on the internet and you can too, but what has really helped me is drinking more water, and taking a supplement called acidophilus. This is the main ingrediant that you can find in yogurt and I take 1-2 caplets a day and haven't had a YI in about 8 months! You can buy them at Wal*Mart or any vitamin store. Good luck to you! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_up.gif

Old 08-22-2003, 12:36 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

bluesnowflake HB User
thank you! thats an excellent suggestion, I will go shopping right now. me and the itchy crotch...

Closed Thread