It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2003, 12:33 PM   #1

shineonJC HB User
Post Scared to death

I recently had a dream where I was at a doctors appt and was told I had cervical cancer. I woke shaking.
Today I started bleeding vaginally with no explanation. I am also suffering from sever cramps more intense then normal. I had my period 8 days ago! I don't have insurance and I am terrified! I know it was only a dream, but don't understand what is going on. Is this a sign I should be concerned about?
Many americans fearful reality could be effecting me! I could have cancer and no insurance....leaves a person with no choice as to whether or not to fight the cancer...NO insurance, no treatment.

Old 08-22-2003, 01:29 PM   #2
(female)

Zipity HB User
Wow, I would find a clinic in your area that at least does free exams! Do something quick!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2003, 01:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

I think that you really need to calm down and come down from this anxiety.

Yes, dreams can be scary and I think this is definitely a case where your mind has affected the workings of your body physically. If you have a dream like this that has scared you and you have worked yourself up into a state like this, then it is perfectly possible for your to suddenly have bleeding and cramps. This is something that your mind cannot deal with, so it will give you physical symptoms instead.

Believe me. The mind and the body are linked and cannot be separated and one affects the other most definitely, so I would not worry about this. If it continues, then yes, go and see a doc and get checked out and by doing it, at least it will put your mind at rest.

Good luck

Old 08-22-2003, 02:07 PM   #4

lily21 HB User
is it really possible for your mind to give you physical symptoms such as bleeding? seems extreme but i always wondered about that because it happened to me once and i'm still not sure what it was

Old 08-22-2003, 09:27 PM   #5

shineonJC HB User
i have delayed a period by anxiety! never encouraged one. I had a abnormal pap about 5 years ago right before I lost my med insurance......so never looked into due to the lack of insurance..I guess after thinking it out I have not a choice but increase my life insurance as a precaution then go to a doctor. A doctors visit i can afford.

Old 08-23-2003, 03:28 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

Yes, your mind and body can do this sort of thing and no, it is not extreme at all.

You can delay periods by anxiety, but the opposite can happen also. If you think about something long enough and hard enough, you can make it happen in a physical capacity too and it probably sounds as if you could have done this, especially if you had an abnormal PAP 5 years ago.

I think you should go and do something about it though. This is the mind working over the body and yes it is perfectly possibly for this to happen. As I said before, the mind and the body are linked and cannot be separated and what affects one will affect the other.

Good luck

Old 08-23-2003, 07:08 AM   #7

3tbear HB User
Some hospitals have clinics where you can go for exams and you pay on a sliding scale, according to what you earn, or, free if you are unemployed. Phone your local hospitals to inquire about these. I used to go to one and it did not cost me much.

Old 08-23-2003, 08:35 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

PaNik5717 HB User
Hi,

I just want to reiterate what Sarah said. Stress can seriously mess with your cycle. It can delay it or it can make you bleed early. A lot of other environmental things can do it to you, too, like other women and your diet. If you aren't on the pill, other women can interfere with your cycle a lot. Stress is the big one though. If it takes a visit to a clinic to make the stress go away - do it. Otherwise, try and relax any way you can to get your body back on track.

You really should make it happen to get an annual pap. If you had one abnormal pap and didn't have a follow-up, the odds are in your favor. Most of the time, (maybe 60%) the first abnormal pap clears up before the follow-up or within a year. If it doesn't, it is easy to stop the abnormal changes in their tracks before you get to cancer. A clinic should be able to help you. There is even one in my rural area, but it doesn't work if you are totally unemployed because you have to have proof of income to get on the sliding scale.

Old 08-23-2003, 01:50 PM   #9

shineonJC HB User
i have an appointment for Wed. I also talked with my mom who reassured me that since it is "old" blood not to worry to much but to think of the possiblity of the onset of menapause. I have developed early in everything else in life maybe this is setting on early also..I am 35, maybe young for it but atleast i will be abel to get it over with early!
using positive thinking and faith...Just wish these horrible cramps will go away!!
ty for the support! I will let you know what the results are!
Tessy Lu

Old 08-23-2003, 04:54 PM   #10

shadepra HB User
I think the possiblity of this being due to perimenopuase is very likely. I have been experiencing irregularities with my period similar to what you describe, for some time now, and I know I am in perimenopause (which can start in your 30's).

And about your dream, try not to think it must be true because you dreamed it. I once dreamed I had breast cancer, so was convinced I MUST have it, since I had dreamed it, and I worried myself sick. But I didn't have cancer.

Old 08-24-2003, 03:26 AM   #11
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

Dreams are a way for your unconscious mind to deal with your fears and anxieties, and if you have a fear of cancer, then you could well dream about it, so that in this dream you can kind of confront this fear. This does not mean that the cancer turns out to be real at all.

Dreams serve a purpose.

Closed Thread