It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2003, 07:55 AM   #1
Veteran

ladybug _crazy HB Userladybug _crazy HB Userladybug _crazy HB Userladybug _crazy HB User
Post thick dry skin on heels

i know a lot of women have this but i was wondering if anyone has ever been successful in getting rid of that thick, dry skin on your heels. mine is terrible and i've tried pumice stones, pumice scrubs, exfoliating scrubs, soaking my feet then scrubbing them, tons of lotions, drinking tons of water, applying petroleum jelly. nothing works at all. my feet are so cracked and gross looking. how can i make this go away? i know it's natural to have calluses and the like but i'm sure it's not supposed to be this bad.

Old 08-26-2003, 08:51 AM   #2

SydneyZ HB User
I would make an appointment with a dermatologist, he should be able to prescribe something stronger to help.

Syd

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2003, 09:18 AM   #3

ritamymom HB User
Hi Ladybug

I have the same problem, my big toes are even worse!!!
I actually went to the doctor for another issue and he told me to soak them a couple of times a day and then use a pumic stone (which I do). They are so cracked!
Another thing you may want to try (it supposed to work although i have not tried it because I have hot feet and I can't stand socks on!) is putting bag balm on your feet and wrapping them in plastic wrap and put on socks for the night. It is supposed to help allot.
I guess I will just stick with the gross feet!

R

Old 08-26-2003, 10:08 AM   #4

Jan 2 HB User
I have the same problem and pumice stone didn't help. I found that I needed something that was more rough and durable in taking off the skin. I found a foot scraper that works beautifully. I can try and describe it to you and you should be able to find this at the drug store or any other store that sells foot products. This scraper is white and the handle is actually a shoe horn and on the other end of it looks like a fine cheese grater that can detach so you can clean it. On the same end, but on the other side is a finer surface so when you are done rubbing dead skin off with the "grate side" then you can smooth it out. It works great and I started out by using it every time I showered and now I just use it every few days. I hope I described it to you that makes since, but I know exactly how you feel. I was at the point to where I hated wearing sandles or having anyone see my feet.

Old 08-26-2003, 12:40 PM   #5

Snowing HB User
Last time I had a pedecure the lady used an electric pumice stone on my feet and they were smooth for weeks. I have tried all sorts of creams and lotions and nothing worked until this. I may get this done every couple of months now.

Old 08-26-2003, 02:58 PM   #6

jitter girl HB User
Have you tried any of the lotions/creams for diabetics? You can get them at Walmart where the testing strips, etc. are. I realize you're not diabetic but the products are a little more potent.

Good luck!

Closed Thread