It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2003, 02:00 PM   #1

jitter girl HB User
Question Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

Has anyone been diagnosed with this? If so, what type of hormones were you put on? I was prescribed Yasmin. I just finished the first 21 days and I'm like a crazy, *****y, time bomb. I DO NOT want to refill this Rx. I've heard that diet changes and exercise can help with this disorder. Any info would be sooooooooooooo greatly appreciated. I'm sure my kids would appreciate it, too. Today my 12 year old said, "Mom, when do you get to stop taking those pills?" It's bad.

Thanx in advance!

------------------
~JG

Old 08-23-2003, 02:32 PM   #2
Inactive

kimzi81 HB User
You don't have to take Yasmin, you could try a different brand. For some reason, they all cause different reactions. I was on ortho tri cyclen lo which worked wonders for the first 2 months, then on the third month i started experiencing constant nausea. The doctor has prescribed me NuvaRing because its an extremely low dose of hormones, but I have yet to try it. (I'm giving my body a 6 month break from hormones because i've been on pills for 5 years) anyway, I can tell you that each brand of pill works differently. the one i tolerated the most was ortho novum 1/28. it worked well for 2 years for me! ortho tri cyclen lo is also very good - added an extra bra cup size too =P too bad i couldnt stay on it! My doctor did tell me that after being on the pill for about 6 months, sometimes your body kicks in and returns to normal (without the cysts) so check back after 6 months.. you may not have to keep taking any birth control at all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2003, 02:37 PM   #3

jitter girl HB User
kimzi....

thanks so much for your reply. I've never been able to take a bcp that wasn't a triphasal. This one has the same dosage for the whole month. I think it's wayyyyy too much. I have to take benadryl in the late afternoon just to take the edge off so i won't bite anyone's head off. I'm a single mother of 2 and in school full time so i need my wits about me at all times lol. This just ain't workin out!

------------------
~JG

Old 08-23-2003, 02:39 PM   #4

jitter girl HB User
Oh, and by the way....I'm a DD so another cup size would NOT be good. The Yasmin did make my breasts swell and tender and I have like NO sex drive. My bf is just thrilled lemme tell ya! heheh

Old 08-26-2003, 04:56 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

Bothrops HB User
Unhappy

Hi, I am a 28 year old woman, I have been having menstral problems (no period for 9 months) I have never had this problem before. I have two children and I had my tubes tied two years ago. This problem came out of the blue. I did not worry at first I called my Dr. they gave me progyestin and I started my period one day after finishing this. But three months later still no period. I went to have an exam done and they tested my thyroid, a pap smear and they checked my prolatin. All came back normal except my pap smear had a high amount of cells, so now they want to do a uterin biopsy. I am concerned about this. Has anyone had this sorta problem?? They thought I might have polycystic ovarian syndrome. But what does that have to do with having your uterus getting biopsied??? Could this be cancer?? Oh yeah they also said that my uterus was the size of an orange and most were the size of a lemon. I wonder if this could have anything to do with having two c-sections or if it is a sign of somthing bad?? Please help

Old 08-26-2003, 05:55 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

Bothrops HB User
Unhappy

Hey sorry I did not mean to post my problem here

Closed Thread