It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2003, 06:02 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

Bothrops HB User
Red face Should I worry?

Hi! I am a 28 year old woman who is having menstral problems. I have not had a period for nine months without the sid of medication. I have two children both born via c-sections. I also had my tubes tied two years ago after my second child was born. I recently went to the Dr. to get checked for this problem. She said I might have Polycystic ovaries. They did a pap smear,checked my thyroid and my prolactin hormon level. She also noted that my uterus felt larger than normal most are the size of lemons mine is the size of an orange. The tests came back normal with the exception that my cell level on my pap smear was high, so now they want to do a biopsy of my uterus. I should also note that I did start my period twice with the aid of aygestin. I have no other symptoms or problems with the exception of being a little tired. I wounder if my uterus could feel enlarged due to the c-section scar tissue?? Has anyone out there had these problems?? Please respond....Thank you!!

Old 08-26-2003, 06:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

PaNik5717 HB User
Hi bothrops:

I don't know anything about the size of your uterus or about not having periods at our age. Something must have worked right if youu have two kids!

The only part I can tell you about is the abnormal pap. I just had another one last Monday. If this is your first one, you should find out how bad the abnormality was before you consent to the colposcopy and biopsies. Usually, for mild changes, they will order a repeat pap after three months and proceed from there. They will actually look at your cervix, not your uterus, through a microscope after they treat it with an acetic acid solution that makes abnormal cells look different in the light. If they see anything abnormal, they will take a few tissue samples. That could take care of it for you, but the lab results will tell you for sure. It is a little painful and you may bleed after. You might ask your doc if you can take anything to help you relax or ease the pain beforehand.

Changes in your cervical tissue could be due to the fact that your hormones seem a little out of order or due to a couple of other things. It may not be related to the enlarged uterus or the lack of periods at all.

Make sure you ask a lot of questions of your doc and try to stay healthy to avoid having too many procedures on your cervix. You already have kids, but really, if you can eat right, exercise, avoid smoking and relax, you may be able to avoid some time in the stirrups.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread