It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2003, 06:34 PM  

Aces67 HB User
Question Has anyone used AZO yeast infection tablets??

I just found AZO yeast infection tablets at Target. It says take 3 times a day while you have an infection and 1 time a day to keep the infection from coming back. It is all natural homeopathic. I am trying it out but has anyone else tried it? Did it work??

thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2003, 09:49 PM  
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Except for the herbs it contains the main ingredient is lactobacillus. You would probably do just as well to eat plenty of yogurt with live active cultures every day or take acidophillus capsules.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2003, 08:45 AM  

GiMMeZaP HB User
I bought it at Rite Aid last summer and it seems to work. My younger sister (16 yo) and I (32 yo) always joke about "AZO" since it's not popular and noone knows what we're talking about. The truth is, there are times when I feel I have symptoms of y.i. but am not sure so I take it. It's never gotten worse and then I get back to normal so I don't know if it's actually helping a y.i. or if it's temporary irritation.

Old 08-13-2003, 08:50 AM  
Inactive

Shel1974 HB User
I have never heard of these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I knew about them before now. Are they with all the other yeast infection ointments??

And it is safe to take every month??? I usually get one the week before my period............

I'll have to look for them !! Thanks for posting about it !!

Old 08-13-2003, 08:51 AM  
Inactive

Shel1974 HB User
btw, I take acidophilus religiously, at least two a day, about 6 a day when I have an infection, and I eat yogurt every day. I still get those damn infections....

I hope this helps

Old 08-14-2003, 07:00 AM  
Inactive

Shel1974 HB User
Sad, but I am really excited about this, I hope I can find them I am so sick of being this way, and so is my hubby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus I am going on a cruise in 30 days and I don't want to have to worry about getting on while I'm on the cruise. Like I said, I already take the acidphilus and eat yogurt.....but doesn't always help.

Can I take the AZO on top of the acidophilus??

thanks

Old 08-15-2003, 03:54 PM  

J-Mo HB User
Talking

I am sooo glad to see a posting on this topic. I was just looking at the AZO tablets last week and was contemplating buying them. I have yeast infections all the time and nothing seems to work. I eat yogurt every day AND take acidophilous tablets and still get them. I'll use Monistat and prescribed treatments, including Diflucan, and they just come back. My last use of Monistat 3 didn't get rid of it. So, I think I'm going to run out and try them and keep my fingers crossed.

Old 08-19-2003, 10:35 AM  
Inactive

Shel1974 HB User
Well Friday I started the 2 full weeks of Terazol (?), prescription from my doctor. I also went and bought the AZO yeast tablets from Target. I hope this works. Cruise is only 25 days away. I am just so sick of this. It's been non stop since February it seems, with a break here and there. And yes, I miss my regular sex routine with hubby. I feel like less of a woman when I can't perform. I hate it!!!

Old 08-22-2003, 10:12 PM  

yippeewow HB User
Angry

Aword to the wise. I too took AZOYeast until I looked at the ingredients. One of the main ingredients is mistletoe. Which I found out is a toxin with harful side effects. Do some research. Note the ingredients.

Old 08-25-2003, 03:08 PM  
Inactive

Shel1974 HB User
Well I haven't looked up what mistletoe is and why it's so dangerous.....but what could be worse than re-occuring yeast infections??

I'm in my second week of the Terazol cream....and still taking acidophilus religiously, plus the AZO tablets. I feel ok, but intercourse will be the true test and I'm not testing it out until the treatment is over....keeping my fingers crossed. Cruise is less than 3 weeks away and I'm due to get my period on the third day of the cruise, which means the week before hand I am most prone to getting another infection. If I do get another one, I'm jumping over board. I can't take a life of yeast infections every month. I miss my sex life, I don't even feel like I'm doing my wifely duties anymore......sounds pathetic i Know...

Old 08-25-2003, 04:09 PM  
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

I was interested in this so I went to Goodle and looked up AZO Yeast.

It contains Mistletoe, the homeopathic name for which is Viscum Album in a 6x potency. It also contains another remedy called Eupatorium Perfoliatum also in a 6x potency, in a carrier tablet which is made of Lactobacillis.

Basically, the Misteltoe is incluced, as it has an affinity for the female sexual organs and the Eup Per, as it is commonly known has been included, because it helps feminine itching.

To the poster who said something about Mistletoe being toxic and 'to do your research'. Well, if you had done yours, then you would see that these remedies have been included in homeopathic potency rather than a crude dose, so in potency, the substance is not toxic.

Just out of interest EUP PER, is used classically in homeopathy for flu symptoms where there is bone pain.

A 6x potency is a very low potency and would commonly be referred to as either organ drainage or organ support, so should only really be taken for no longer than 3 weeks to a month in duration.

However, I would say that even though these tablets contain homeopathic remedies in homeopathic potency, they are not truely homeopathic and it is not being used in the correct way and in the true spirit of homeopathic practice. If you use low potency remedies such as these, the whole point is then that you should follow this up by taking a good homeopatic constitutional remedy to help you so that you clear your tendency to getting yeast infections in the first place.

Therefore, if you are taking these tablets, I would advise that rather than taking the tablets in conjunction with an antifungal drug from your doc or any other form of medication such as this, that to me seems very much as odds if you are taking something homeopathic, which is natural, you should go and see a good homeopathic practitioner and have your case taken properly so that an appropriate constiutional remedy can be selected for you. There are enough homeopaths around and ND's, some MD's and DO's all practice homeopathy.

This sure makes a whole lot more sense to me anyway.

Good luck

Old 08-27-2003, 09:00 PM  

yippeewow HB User
Hmm. Even if it is a small dose of mistletoe, I still have reserves about putting pioson in my body. The research is contradictory. Too risky for me.

Old 08-28-2003, 09:02 PM  

naybee HB User
Cool

I have been using AZO Yeast for about two days now and it works great. The itching was killing me a couple of days ago and now after taking only six tablets I feel 10x better. Excellent stuff!! I would recommend it to anyone who is dying to get rid of their yeast infection.

Old 09-10-2004, 09:53 AM  

terrylrutland HB User
Cool Re: Has anyone used AZO yeast infection tablets??

I've just started using AZO for yeast. I've had recurring yeast infections prior to my period for a year now. Has anyone experienced die off from AZO?