It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2003, 05:27 PM   #1

heatherbeth HB User
Question Ultrasound normal?

I was just wondering if anyone out there has experienced anything like this and have any suggestions. I am 24yrs old. During my pap exam (I had not had one for 6 yrs) to get on birth control, the nurse practitioner felt something hard on my left ovary, and ordered a ultrasound which I had last week.(they also did an transvaginal ulrasound too) Now this is not the first time a nurse practitioner has felt something, 6 yrs ago a differant nurse practitioner felt something and made me an appiontment for an ultrasound, but being young, dumb and no money I didn't go.Through the years I have been having really bad cramps and a uncomfortable bloating feeling in my abdominal area. I have cramps ALL the time all through the month and always on the left side. I just heard today that my ultrasound I had last week is normal.??
I don't understand how two differant nurse prac. have felt something, but the ultrasound is normal? I haven't talked to my nurse prac. yet and I'am debating on seeing another REAL doctor. Please help if you know anything.
Thanks,heather

[This message has been edited by heatherbeth (edited 09-03-2003).]

[This message has been edited by heatherbeth (edited 09-03-2003).]

Old 09-04-2003, 09:08 AM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Ultrasounds do not always show everything so you do need to go back and find out what is going on since you have problems all the time. It may take further testing or exploratory surgery to find out what is going on but either way it needs to be checked out. Call your NP and ask her what she recommends you do now for further treatment. Also you need to be sure not to let your yearly exams go as many things can be wrong in a 6 year time slot. Remember..........things like cancer does not care if you are 20 or 40.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread