It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2003, 08:46 PM   #1
(female)

Ravishing HB User
Angry Weird Clot

Today I started my period. Earlier when I went to the bathroom and wiped there was this weird clot type thing there. At first I thought that it was just the toilet paper but when I took a closer look it wasn't. It was like a big clot but kind of white with a bit of blood mixed in. The texture was kind of rubbery and thick - kind of stringy (sorry if this is really gross).
I'm really kind of freaked out about this - I have no idea what it could be. My period has been normal all day outside of this and I feel fine.

Anyone know what this is? Should I be concerned?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2003, 06:30 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User
It's very normal for that to happen. It happens at one time or another to nearly everyone. Over the years it's happened to me several times and it's never been a problem. Although, like you, the first time it happened it freaked me out a little too. Some people are more prone to this too. It likely has something to do with the shape and tilt of your uterus. Don't worry, you're just fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2003, 11:45 AM   #3
(female)

Ravishing HB User
Glad to hear that this is something normal
But what is it and how is the tilt of my uterus related? I'm still curious to know what this is!

Thanks for your help

Old 07-30-2003, 03:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

PaNik5717 HB User
I have never had white clots, but I do get dark red ones all the time. I used to think that one of those clots held an unfertilized egg. But I recently read that there is an anti-clotting factor in your uterus during your period that allows the blood to flow out. If the blood gets backed up trying to get out (like a traffic jam on heavier flow days), it can start to clot in your vagina. This is normal and, yes, it is gross. Really big clots can be a sign that your flow is too heavy, but only your doc can tell that for sure. I get them more if I have been sitting for awhile and stand up, but I don't know much about the shape or orientation of the uterus part. I do know that mine is tilted, but I was told it shouldn't cause any problems.

Old 07-30-2003, 05:05 PM   #5

Kandi76 HB User
Hi, I am so glad I can came across this. It is good to know that it is normal because I have it happen all the time..pretty much with every period now. It freaks me out sometimes because it is so gross. I thought there was something wrong with me...it is good to know that it is nothing serious. I guess then maybe my periods are too heavy. I went off the pill about 9 months ago and my periods have been crazy every since then. They are never on time..I never know when they are coming or going. I get a lot of brown discharge and clotting. I am going to the GYN at the end of August and she may suggest me going back on the pill I suppose. Thanks for the info!

Take care

Old 07-30-2003, 08:57 PM   #6
(female)

Ravishing HB User
I've had red clots many times in the past and they have never really concerned me. The fact that this one was white and so thick is what got me. I would still love to know what would have caused it to be white or where I can get some info on this. I have a Dr. appointment coming up anyway and will ask about it when I'm there but I still thought that I would see if anyone here might know what it could be.

Old 07-31-2003, 03:08 PM   #7
(female)

Ravishing HB User
I just got back from the Dr. and mentioned the clot to him when I was there. He said that it sounds like it could have been yeast although he couldn't do a test because I still have my period. He prescribed some Difulcan and booked me for a pap test and some swabs in 2 weeks.

Old 09-04-2003, 05:12 PM   #8

sunnygirlJ HB User
I'm so glad I found this message board.. I had my period about two weeks ago (i'm still kind of on it.. stupid brown stuff) and I saw a white clump come out (there was some cramping too) and i was freaked out because i didn't know what it was! i'm on the depo-shot and i haven't had any bad side-effects.. no weight gain or anything.. i noticed that i am a lot more emotional, but other than that i haven't really experienced anything bad. Heh that's beside the point. Anyway i'm really glad i found someone who this has also happened to and that it's pretty normal. i wasn't sure if i had had a miscarraige or what.. even though that technically isn't possible.. right?

Closed Thread