It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2003, 08:16 PM   #1

ozenne HB User
Post This is getting scary now.

I posted earlier last week about my irregular period. It came rather spottily, and lasted a really long time, and it was really light. The thing is, it's STILL freaking going. It's just brown spotting every day, brown spotting. I've gone through box after box of panty liners, just assuming that it would stop. But now I'm entering my third week being on this. There's no pain or anything, just brown spotting.
I thought maybe I had left a tampon in or something and shoved it up inside me with another one, but I 'felt around' and didn't feel a string or anything.
Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? I'm beginning to get scared.

Old 08-28-2003, 09:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User
You don't say how old you are....

Brown spotting that lasts and lasts can have many causes, such as too much estrogen, not enough progesterone, other hormonal imbalances, peri-menopause, being very young, weightloss or gain, tumors either cancerous or not, cervical dysplasia, etc.

There really isn't any way you can get a diagnosis over the net. You'd need to go to the doctor as no matter what, you shouldn't continually spot.

I just wanted to try and give you some ideas of things it could be. Try not to worry. It is a VERY common thing with a usually great outcome. Hope you get to the doctor soon and get it taken care of. Good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2003, 01:12 AM   #3

gilabook HB User
hi there ozenne
i have been experiencing the EXACT same thing..although sometimes I get a rush of normal blood that goes away. I have just been to the doctor and she is doing some blood tests for my thyroid, testosterone and other hormones... she seems to think that it may have something to do with a hormonal imbalance. I went off the pill about 2 months ago, and my periods came almost straight away and have been coming more frequently and lasting longer...she said that this is not uncommon...i don't know if u have been on the pill or are on it at present, but this could have something to do with it. Don't worry though- I was thinking the worst myself and it just makes you stress which makes the problem even worse.
take care

Old 09-05-2003, 01:31 PM   #4

Cordy HB User
I also have been experiencing the EXACT same thing! I'm a little afraid right now. I am getting to four weeks of having this occur. Mostly just brown spotting, and every once in a while red spotting.
I thought it might be because I am just going off of Depo-provera (an injection once every three months for birth control). But it seems to be going on for SO LONG. Have you girls found anything out about what your current conditions might come from??

Old 09-05-2003, 03:24 PM   #5

shadepra HB User
I was having spotting like that and went for a pelvic exam--the doctor found a cervical polyp that she removed in the office. After that, the spotting stopped. Since some of you are on the pill, I would think that could be the cause, but it is a good idea to have your doctor check you in case there's something else going on.

Closed Thread