It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2003, 02:37 PM   #1

Joodles HB User
Post Ovarian cyst, no period, frustrated...

After coming off BCP in my, I developed a chicken-egg-sized cyst on my right ovary. My gyno said not to worry and it'd probably go away and I'd get my period. He was right and the pain went away with my period. Now I haven't had a period in 9 weeks. I'm having the same pain as with my last cyst, except I'm also very bloated and uncomfortable in general. (Pregnancy is not a possibility.) I don't know what to do, and he can't see me for another 2 weeks.

Assuming this cyst goes away on its own, is it a good idea to get back on BCP? I was taken off the usual combo pills (tried several varieties) because while I was on them I developed high blood pressure and I'd get a yeast infection at least once a month. Since stopping the pills these issues have resolved. Does anyone have experience with the mini-pill? From what I understand this might be a viable option for me. Any suggestions/experiences? TIA

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2003, 06:10 PM   #2

MyLilButterball HB User
Hi, not sure if I'll be of any help but I had a cyst on my ovary that was dissolved by one round of bcp. Now, I haven't had a normal period since and that was in Dec. 91. I was diagnosed this week with PCOS-polycystic ovarian syndrome which is lots of little cycts on your ovaries. It stops your periods or makes them very irregular. You usually don't ovulate. Most people take medication to ease the symptoms and 80% are overweight so they are encouraged to lose weight. If you do not want to get pg, bcp are usually the treatment but once you go off, the symptoms come back. It's my understanding that mini pill isn't strong enough to take care of this but I could be wrong. I'd do a bit of research online and if this sounds like what you have, go to your dr and request that he test for it. Then if you do have it, he can tell you how best to treat it. HTH Good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread