It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2003, 02:31 PM   #1

Jan 2 HB User
Post Self Waxing

I am wondering if any of the women have had their vaginal area waxed and if they have done the waxing themselves. If you have waxed, what is the best wax to use and how is it done when doing it yourself. Thank you!

Old 08-26-2003, 04:08 PM   #2
Inactive

Trishka HB User
Jan 2,
It depends on how hairy you are and how coarse the hair is. I tried it once with azulene wax by Poetic Wax, and I was surprised at first, by how easy it seemed. Then the wax changed temperature and I ended up with a wad of sticky wax that I could not pull off, and had to cut out - mind you it was right next to my tender skin. It was painful and took a very long time. I would recommend getting it done professionally. A professional will do it faster and better and you won't have to deal with any messes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2003, 04:28 PM   #3

Tax HB User
Unhappy

How do you get it to go and lay there so someone can wax you? Just curious?

It's like going for a papsmear!

Exactly where do they wax you? I never did it before but certainly would go if some can assure me more that it is not that unplesseant as it seems?!!!???

Old 08-26-2003, 07:55 PM   #4
(female)

dianabarry HB User
I do it all myself. I use Sally Hansen's cold wax, and I usually put in in the microwave for 10 seconds to make it thinner. It hurts a lot, and takes forever with me screaching, but it is worth it for me.

Old 08-27-2003, 09:12 AM   #5

Jan 2 HB User
So now I have to ask, how do you get the access wax off once you are done waxing?

Old 08-27-2003, 04:57 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
Most waxes are so easy to use these days. Just heat in the microwave and obviously make sure it's not TOO hot when applying. Apply the wax in the direction of the hair growth and when removing the strip you hold your skin taut and wax off against the hairs natural growth direction. The best part is that most waxes wash off in water and even the wax strips are reusable as the wax disolves after the strips have been soaked in water.

If you are a novice, you are best off practising on your legs first, or at least do the outter bikini line area, saving the inner area for when you are a little more confident. Just make sure you buy wax which washes off in water.

Old 08-29-2003, 05:29 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

sonic HB User
I use to wax down there...it can smart!
& you have to be somewhat nimble...I sit on the floor with a big mirror in front of me. I use Alexandria cold wax. Just spread it on, it melts with your body heat,,pretty easy really.

Old 09-01-2003, 12:34 PM   #8

teresa26 HB User
at the spa i go to, the lady uses a hard wax. it doesn't require a strip of cloth on top. and the wax does not stick to the skin. it makes it much less painful to wax.

Old 09-05-2003, 11:54 PM   #9
Inactive

kimzi81 HB User
Tax,
It's not as bad as you're thinking. The whole process only takes about 10, 15 minutes tops. And yes, it is kinda like going to the gyno, but remember that these girls do this as a job - so they've seen it all! They wax everything off... and i mean EVERYTHING including the hairs on your behind. =P but it takes a long time to grow back and when it does its softer and thinner. definately worth it.

Old 09-08-2003, 06:01 AM   #10
Inactive

Shel1974 HB User
Hubby just tried to wax me last night with Sally Hansan Sugar Wax, well after the first go, I screamed and said forget it!! Plus it left hairs there and you can't redo it in that area right away. I wish I went to a professional, but now I"m leaving on Thursday for a cruise, so I guess I'll just shave.

Old 09-10-2003, 11:59 AM   #11
Inactive

kimzi81 HB User
hey shel.. u could still go to a professional. i'm leaving for a cruise next week also andim definately getting waxed before then! The last thing i want to deal with is having to shave everyday and the itchiness of it growing back so soon =( waxing will get rid of the hair for at least a couple of weeks so you wont have to think about it.

Old 09-17-2003, 09:21 PM   #12
(female)

lemondrop HB User
I really like Nads. But it takes some trial and error to really figure out how to make it work its best. It says on the box that it doesn't need to be heated, but I think heating it a little makes it softer and easier to use. I like it more than the wax that hardens because I've have problems where I've had to pick the wax off my skin because I let it sit too long.

Closed Thread