It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2003, 11:26 AM   #1

lovej HB User
Question cipro, diflucan, or zithromax delaying period??

i was recently treated for a UTI, and yeast infection, and an STD (which it turns out i didn't actually have!!). I was given cipro, diflucan, and zithromax to treat these various problems. im also on birth control, so my period is regular and comes every tuesday night. it's never been late since i started birth control, and now it is. i'm wondering if anyone knows if any of the medications i took could be causing me to miss my period?
thanks a lot in advance.

Old 09-17-2003, 03:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

Yes, most definitely, all these meds can cause your period to be delayed or for you to miss your period totally.

These meds cause suppression of symptoms rather than cure, so in the way that they suppress they can also suppress your periods too.

These are all very srong meds and you should definitely not be taking these unless you really need to.

You need to treat the cause to get a cure rather than just treating the symptoms. Remove the cause of your problems and you have a cure.

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2003, 09:14 AM   #3

summerbird12 HB User
don't listen to what other people are telling you, first of all the medications you were on do not cause suppression of the symtoms they are infact a cure for the actual disease you were diagnosed with, diflucan is and antifungal agent, cipro and zithromax are antibiotics, none of which will supress your cycle, you need to talk to your md because if you were in a postion to get an std you may be pregnant despite the fact that you were on the pill

Closed Thread