It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2003, 08:47 AM   #1

SunShine14 HB User
Question Pills to Make Me Lose Weight???

Does anyone know of any good pills to make me lose weight? Ive tried many different ones but they just dont seem to help. Can anyone help me out here?

Old 09-20-2003, 01:10 AM   #2

Emmie Ann HB User
Ok here is the thing pills suck and are really bad for you. The only health way you can lose weight is if you do it right. Work out, eat right and keep the right frame of mind. Good luck and God bless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2003, 01:49 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
O wow, are you really surprised that there is no pill out there that will help you lose weight?

There is not a pill that you can take to help you loose weight. It just does not work like that. You need to put in a little effort yourself and firstly you need to eat a balanced diet and cut down on calories and do some exercise - at least 30 mins three times a week and you should do something that will increase your heartrate too.

Basically, to loose weight you need to consume fewer calories than you need. Then you will loose weight. Also, by increasing your heartrate you will burn fat and you will also loose weight.

Try this and see if it works, however, you will never find one pill that will do it all for you. There is no such thing.

Good luck

Old 09-20-2003, 05:06 AM   #4

teresa26 HB User
sorry, there is no magic pill to help you lose weight. moreoever, those pills that claim to melt fat off can be dangerous to your health.

i'd suggest eating a healthy diet that is high in fiber and full of fresh veggies and fruits. combine that with a good exercise program and you will most likely see results (if your weight issue is not caused by an underlying health condition). try to do some cardio (running, walking, eliptical machine, jump rope) for 20 or 30 minutes a day. do some weight training which will not only tone your body, but also build muscle which increases your metabolism.

good luck.

Old 09-21-2003, 11:01 AM   #5
Inactive

Deep_in_Thought HB User
SunShine,
I would really advise staying away from weight-loss pills. Many of them contain chemicals,etc. that can harm your body. Also, as I understand it, many of them claim to block fat absorption...that can damage your body to no end. Did you know that your body actually needs fat to be healthy? For example, your vital organs are protected against bumps and other injuries by a layer of fat. Without this fat, your organs would be in dyer jeopardy...and I know that you are aware of how important your internal organs are .

There are so many other, much healthier, ways to lose weight. Personally, I think that Teresa's suggestions would be the most effective. It may take longer than those "miracle pills", but it is MUCH healthier for your body in the long-run.

Colleen

Closed Thread