It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2003, 02:17 AM   #1

Emmie Ann HB User
Post Help! Still having problems

At 15 my doctor put me on Depo-provera to try and control migranes and excessive bleeding. After about 1 1/2 years of getting injections I found out through a nurse that the doctor had given me far to many (about 18, no body really knows the exact amount, she neglected to record all of them). So My doctor got in trouble by the nurse and I was told to go home, not worry about it and that I wouldn't be given any more injections. Turns out that your body can get addicited to depo-provera. After 1 1/2 months of bleeding (my body was going through withdraws), and several pleads for help to my doctor with no help given. I was put in the Hospital by another doctor-I had gotten as close to bleeding out as possible he said, 3 blood transfusions, 1 surgery, 6 days in the ICU, and 2 harsh months of recovery wasn't enough. I am still suffering through it, since then I have had 3 more surgeries. I now have problems with endometriosis, cysts, and adhesions. A new doctor started me on Depo Lupron two months ago, my last hope to stay fertile. I get hot flashes about every 2 hours, I haven't noticed very many mood swings or any weight gain though, so I guess thats good. But I still have my period and constant pain. My doctors have told me several times that I shouldn't be alive. I now have no doubt in my mind that God is going to use me, because if he wasn't I wouldn't be alive. So I am putting all my trust in the Lord and asking for all of you reading to please keep me in your prayers. If I can help any of you in any way then please contact me. God bless and best of luck!! PS if anyone can give me any advice then please do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2003, 09:59 AM   #2
Veteran

strand3d HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by Emmie Ann:
At 15 my doctor put me on Depo-provera to try and control migranes and excessive bleeding. After about 1 1/2 years of getting injections I found out through a nurse that the doctor had given me far to many (about 18, no body really knows the exact amount, she neglected to record all of them). So My doctor got in trouble by the nurse and I was told to go home, not worry about it and that I wouldn't be given any more injections. Turns out that your body can get addicited to depo-provera. After 1 1/2 months of bleeding (my body was going through withdraws), and several pleads for help to my doctor with no help given. I was put in the Hospital by another doctor-I had gotten as close to bleeding out as possible he said, 3 blood transfusions, 1 surgery, 6 days in the ICU, and 2 harsh months of recovery wasn't enough. I am still suffering through it, since then I have had 3 more surgeries. I now have problems with endometriosis, cysts, and adhesions. A new doctor started me on Depo Lupron two months ago, my last hope to stay fertile. I get hot flashes about every 2 hours, I haven't noticed very many mood swings or any weight gain though, so I guess thats good. But I still have my period and constant pain. My doctors have told me several times that I shouldn't be alive. I now have no doubt in my mind that God is going to use me, because if he wasn't I wouldn't be alive. So I am putting all my trust in the Lord and asking for all of you reading to please keep me in your prayers. If I can help any of you in any way then please contact me. God bless and best of luck!! PS if anyone can give me any advice then please do.
That's really awful. But why weren't you keeping track of your depo shots?

Old 09-21-2003, 11:31 AM   #3

Emmie Ann HB User
Good question, I didn't keep track because I didn't know there was anything wrong with being given that many injections. My mom had asked my doctor numerious times if all the injections would be harmful, but the reply we would always recieve was "You dont have anything to worry about, its completely safe" so we believed her. If I can give any advice to others, it would be, Research your med. and dont just believe what your Doctors tell you.

Old 09-21-2003, 12:28 PM   #4
Veteran

strand3d HB User
I agree. It's important to know exactly how your meds work. I've been told false information by doctors many times, so i don't trust them anymore. If you're on depo, it's especially important to know how often you should recieve shots, and hopefully other women can learn from your story.

Closed Thread