It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2003, 08:44 AM   #1

EmmieLou HB User
Post Where on body do you feel ovarian pain?

Hi,

I know my subject line answers itself but could not think of a better title.

Basically I have been feeling unwell for 8 weeks now, I have so many symptons it would send you to sleep. I thought it was a bowel problem as that area is all over the place.

I have been to various doctors who have given me no help at all. It could be something like Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

For months and months I have been getting "shock" pains on my lower left side (abdomen), it is hard to explain but I guess it is beside and below my hip bone. It is a constant nagging pain now and sometimes I get it on the right side as well.

A few times I have actually had a shock sensation, as if someone was sticking a hot poker up the middle of me from between my legs. (sorry for the description!)

My period is fine, I have noticed in the last while or so that the first few days of it are more painful, but a tablet takes it away.

My Dr is basically putting my problem down to being overweight, but I have never had such pain in my side before.

Where do you feel Ovarian pain and can problems with ovaries etc upset your stomach?

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2003, 03:49 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

oceandreams HB User
Here is a list of symptoms for 'Ovary Problems' from The Medical Advisor book:

- feeling of fullness or pressure on one side of the abdomen

- abdominal pain during intercourse

- sharp abdominal pain

- irregular vaginal bleeding or absent menstrual periods

- increase in facial or body hair

- irregularities in bowel movements or urination

There are probably other symptoms too that some women experience.

I have an ovarian cyst on my left ovary, and I will sometimes feel a sharp, twinge-type pain a few inches below the left hip bone. I occasionally even get the same pain on my right side, but it only happens around the time of ovulation, whereas the pain on the left side happens throughout the month. I don't know if ovary problems can cause stomach upset, but if you are having bowel problems (either constipation or diarrhea), that in itself can cause stomach upset.

Have you had a pelvic ultrasound to look at your ovaries? If you have a cyst or any type of tumor, it would show up with this test.

Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2003, 10:27 PM   #3
(female)

cupidscat HB User
Hi im sitting here reading your post and i can feel my own pain =) anyhow if you have ovarian cysts they can be anywhere if they rupture the pain hurts and you feel flutter like feeling i also get shooting pains the go straight up and last a few seconds also by the anus anyhow i have been using evening primrose oil cal mag and zinc and also cahi tea i have ibs also so i have stomach pains (gas stuck ) all over the place so i added chai tea that stuff is a miracle and has helped tremendously also you said you are over weight try eating a spoonful of coconut oil a day (its the good oil )it speeds up metabolizum hope this helps

Old 09-14-2003, 01:17 PM   #4

EmmieLou HB User
Thanks for replying, you were both very helpful.

I have not had any type of scan as yet, I am going for an ultra sound sometime soon but they are concentrating on my abdomen.

I always worry about these things, my grandmother died of Ovarian cancer so you think about these things more.

Not that that is what is wrong with me but you take things more serious.

Thanks!

Old 09-15-2003, 11:03 AM   #5

Beth* HB User
I have a ovarian ruptured cyst on my left ovary for which I have just spent two days in the hospital for pain management. It can be severe pain at times and I feel for what you are going through as well. I have found my pain radiating upwards at time but know it is from the cyst since i have had several sonograms/ultrasounds to confirm that it is there. I have found (believe it or not) that after all the drugs given to me iv during my hospital stay...Motrin perscription strength 800 mgs, has helped me the most. If your doc wont give you that, than just take four advil as it is basically the same. I would suggest an ultrasound to confirm that it is indeed a cyst and go from there! My doc has basically said only time will heal the pain as my uterus is trying to absorb the additional fluid from the rupture. They have been checking the cyst weekly and have found it is indeed shrinking now but the pain is still there. I guess it just takes a while for your body to adjust. My suggestion.....get an ultrasound and rule this out....

Good luck to you and may you feel better,
Beth

Old 09-22-2003, 07:38 AM   #6

Kandi76 HB User
I have a question....what are the symptoms of ovarian cancer? Right now I am in the process of beginning treatment for a hormone imbalance and I am being checked for diabetes. I have been diagnosed with PCOS. Sometimes I have a bloated feeling in my stomach which ususally gets better with Tums or something like that. I have read that you can have a feeling of fullness in your tummy with ovarian cancer...how do you know for sure that when your bloated it is not related to ovarian cancer??? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif

Closed Thread