It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

Recent Miscarriage

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-20-2003, 12:40 PM   #1
becca122

becca122 HB User
Question Recent Miscarriage

I was wondering if there were any other women you recently miscarried. I was on the feb mommies group in pregnancy but now I'm looking for some people who just want to vent to eachother and have questions that we can help eachother with. Sorry for your loss if you join this group. If people are interested we can get into details next time. Thanks

Becca

------------------
Becca, waiting to try again

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2003, 03:15 PM   #2
normorcrazy
Senior Veteran

normorcrazy HB User
Becca, I'm sorry you had to experience this. It's a tough thing to deal with. I have had 3 ectopics and 1 miscarriage. My most recent ectopic was Apr of this year. Though it's been awhile, it's still killing me. I was taken into emergency surgery for internal bleeding because they kept putting me off so long. Before going in I was asked what was more important...having another baby or avoiding another ectopic? I have one son and for concerns for him I decided to have my tubes tied. They ended up removing one tube because of damage and they tied the other one. I plan on IVF in the future. Right now I couldn't afford it, but I do want another baby so bad. If I'm not blessed with another one I will continue to thank God for giving me my little Miracle.

I wish you the best on having a baby. Was this your first? How far along were you? If these things are still touchy, which I'm sure they are, please don't bother answering. I know how hard it is to deal with it and I will be praying for you and your family!!

Old 07-20-2003, 04:12 PM   #3
becca122

becca122 HB User
It was my first pg in the first month we were trying. So I guess the good news is that we don't have fertility problems.... I was 10 weeks when I went to the doc for my second u/s. She said it was only measuring 6.4 weeks and there wasn't a heart forming. I had been to the doc at about 6 weeks and didn't see much. I think it wasn't right from the beginning. July 9th was the doc appt and July 11th I had the D&C. It was what my doc recommended. She said a natural m/c could take time and be painful. I go to the doc on tuesday and can't wait to see what she has to say. I know nothing of my blood levels and hope that wasn't the problem. I am just waiting for her to tell me I can run and lift weights. I need to get in the pool again for work ( I am a PT) and have sex again would be great. I'll let you know. Thanks for your kind words...

Becca

------------------

Old 07-20-2003, 10:55 PM   #4
mlgable
Inactive

mlgable HB User
Although it has been 14 years since my miscarriage I too kind of feel like I knew that the baby wasn't right after having to sucessful pregnancies after the miscarriage. With that pregnancy it was like I was immediately pregnant with an expanding waistline etc. The doc in the ER was great the night I started to miscarry. He told me a miscarriage is nature way of taking care of a mistake most times. I too was relieved to know that at least I could get pregnant. It was exactly a year after the miscarriage that I got pregnant again and had my son. 10 3/4 months later along came my daughter. As you can see............anything can happen.

Old 07-22-2003, 05:34 PM   #5
becca122

becca122 HB User
Green light from the doctor... everything went well. She said I can run, swim and have sex again. She wants me to wait 3 months before ttc. Yeah right...one AF and we are off to the races. If anyone wants to chat because they just m/c feel free to post...

Becca

------------------

Old 07-22-2003, 08:26 PM   #6
Blastoff9600
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
You really should listen to your doc about waiting three months. I know it can be hard to wait but the waiting can be helpful in reducing your chances of a mc happening again.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 07-22-2003, 09:43 PM   #7
normorcrazy
Senior Veteran

normorcrazy HB User
The only reason they ask you to wait is for your cycles to regulate prior to getting pregnant again. If you don't there can be some confusion on conception date. It's also to deal with some emotional healing. I remember after I lost my first one I was pregnant a month and a half later and my doctor yelled at me infront of everyone. I was in the military, so I didn't have the ability to switch doctors as I wanted to do. However, he didn't stay with me long since I kept running to other doctors with concerns. I got chewed out again, but I got another doctor in the end. Take care!!

Old 07-23-2003, 04:49 AM   #8
becca122

becca122 HB User
Question

Blastoff--
I have only read to wait the 3 months because of emotional healing. I would never do anything to risk mc again. Where did you find the info that it takes 3 months for the body to be ready. My doc kinda sorta admitted that it was for emotional reasons. I guess I'll have to beef up my research..thanks
Becca

------------------

Old 07-23-2003, 06:16 AM   #9
Blastoff9600
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Yes a lot of it is for emotional healing but there are some studies that show the waiting helps some women who have had mc reduce the odds of it happening again. Granted you might be one of the ones that it wont matter but then again you never know. Not trying to scare you,honestly I am not. MCs cant be easy to go through so why not reduce the chances anyway you can. I havent had to go through one that I know of but with ttcing problems I have I know I would do whatever it takes to ensure a safe pregnancy. Even right now with over 18 months of trying to get pregnant...if my doc were to say I needed to wait then I would.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 07-23-2003, 07:25 AM   #10
jessi0198

jessi0198 HB User
Becca, I know exactly how you are feeling. I had a miscarriage in April and my doctor also told me to wait. But after I got one normal cycle, I started trying again. I just really, really, really wanted to get pregnant again. Hasn't happened yet, though

Old 07-24-2003, 07:08 PM   #11
becca122

becca122 HB User
jess

good luck ttc, there is a topic on pregnancy board that are all girls ttc. Maybe you should check that out. I am sticking to my guns and after AF I am off to the races....

------------------

Old 09-21-2003, 11:29 PM   #12
angelb49

angelb49 HB User
Hi all- I was just reading your notes on miscarrying, as I had a similar experience in April this year. I was told my baby was dying when I was almost 5 months along-he had what they call "multiple anomalies incompatible with life". Unfortunately natur didn't take care of things for me, but I got to hold my son . They induced me and I was in labor for 12 hours before his tiny body came out. I got little footprints and handprints, and we took some pictures. He looked perfect to me, despite all that was wrong with him. I think we all deal with grief in different ways, and my way was to make as much to remember him by as I could. We cremated him and have an infant urn with his name engraved on it-it helped to name him. I made a small baby book with ultrasound photos and poems of perinatal loss. This Tuesday, the 23rd, is his due date, so it's been hard for me. We need all the support we can get after things like this, and I have found just writing on the boards to be very helpful. Write me back any time if you like.

------------------
Angela

Old 09-22-2003, 01:56 AM   #13
jwarneka

jwarneka HB User
I had a MC when I was very young, I know this is for recent M/C and I'm sorry if it feels like I am butting in,
But I just had to say...something, ya know,

I was very young and barely aware of the possibilities of what could happen, but I still to this day feel the loss of that child, my only boy, and that was 8 years ago, I understand how much pain this can cause, and I am so sorry that any of you had to experience this,
I have since had 2 girls, but with my youngest (she will be 2 Jan. 2nd) I almost lost her too, immediately I went into grieving, and she wasn't even gone yet, how crazy is that? I started bleeding my 1st month, one night I got up to go to the bathroom, and there it was red red blood, I started balling, and called my husband home from work, we rushed to the hosp. only to have some educated idiot tell me "well, if it's going to happen, it's going to happen" well thank you very much, for 2 more months I bled, but still every week there it was, the heartbeat, and every week I cried with relief, she was born Jan 2nd. 2002, at 5 lbs 11 oz, and was very fragile and sick,

I just wanted to say, that I know for alot of you, at times there seems to be no hope, nothing but darkness, but in all of us, there is always that chance, that one absolutely unpredictable factor, that makes the impossible, possible,

For those of you trying to concieve, I hope you all get your own lil miracles to cherish,

and I am truly , deeply sorry for your losses,

sorry for butting in

Old 09-22-2003, 06:46 PM   #14
becca122

becca122 HB User
Definately not butting in!!!!!! We all like to hear success stories. I know there is hope because we got pg the first month trying. I can't wait for my BFP!!!!

------------------
Becca

Old 09-23-2003, 02:46 AM   #15
jwarneka

jwarneka HB User
lol Thanx Becca

there is alot of it in my combined families M/C's that is, my M-in law, between my hubby and his younger brother had one, my mother had 3 between me and my lil bro, and my Sis in law she hasn't had a M/C, but her and her hubby tried for over 9 years to get pregnant, and thank god, she is pregnant now, and due Jan 14th, lol I'm going to be an Auntie! lol
It will happen for you too, I just KNOW it will, you deserve it, you will be a great mother,

plus, lol what is that saying,...practice makes perfect, lol and hey atleast THIS practice is fun! lol
I would loooooove to have another baby too, but for various reasons, we aren't, plus, I'm pretty sure my body could not handle another pregnancy/delivery, I had all very difficult deliveries, se la vi I guess, there's always someday lol

Good luck Becca, and god bless your loving heart

Closed Thread