It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2003, 03:53 AM   #1

Wien, Wien HB User
Unhappy Soooo Incredibly Unhappy with my Size A Breats

I am just so miserable with my Size A Breasts, I feel so abnormal next to women with normal Breast Sizes. I know this all sounds vain, but don't we really compare ourselves to other women? I am a small A cup, and I would like to get breast implants someday. I really do think it would make me feel better about myself, although I can't say I don't have any concerns about surgery. I would like to put on a top or bathing suit and have something to hold it up! No one in my life, especially boyfriends, has made any negative comments about my size, it is pure insecurity on my part.
Am I alone? Do I put too much emphasis on my size? Does it make you feel less womanly to have small breasts?

Old 08-27-2003, 05:37 AM   #2

Xionia HB User
I've worried about everything else including my nipples but never about the size of my breasts which is 36A. I think I'd be very self conscious with large breasts. Most of my friends are at least a D cup and I've never wanted to be their size. Some of them have back problems and their breasts are already sagging at age 19. My best friend hates it when guys talk to her chest instead of her face. I really don't think big breasts are all that.

If I could choose, I'd choose to be a little bigger like a large B but overall I like how my breasts are firm and will probably stay like that for a long time. Plus, I've always heard breast size is very changeable. I know girls who got bigger after gaining a little weight, going on the Pill, having a child etc. I honestly think most guys would prefer real breasts, no matter how small, to implants. They just don't feel the same and would you really want a guy who was only interested in the size of your breasts? The important thing is that you're perfectly healthy.

Look at people like Jennifer Lopez, she has small breasts and is proud of it. The natural look is better than huge fake breasts. That's just my opinion.

[This message has been edited by Xionia (edited 08-27-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2003, 10:55 AM   #3

Djin HB User
I can relate. I was teased a lot by some very cruel people in middle school about having small (no) breasts. It's not easy to deal with when your best friend is voluptuous at 13 and you are scrawny and flat-chested. However, eventually I got boobs and all is well. (Now that I think about it, they have gotten a bit bigger since I've been on the pill. Not massivly, but enough that some of my bras are too tight).

Anyway, before you consider surgery, look into more natural methods. For example, perhaps Brava would be a good alternative. I have heard good things about it, but you'll need to do your research. It's not going to take you from an A to a D, but I think it increases 1 to 1 1/2 cup sizes.

Of course, if surgery is how you want to go, certainly only you can make that decision. Just make sure you're doing it for YOU and no one else!

Good luck!

Old 08-27-2003, 11:36 AM   #4
Inactive

girlygirly HB User
Before you try surgery you might want to ask yourself this question, When you get this done will you then be truely happy? Or are there other issues, like self -esteem? I have never been big chested and it hasn't bothered me. So what, who cares if you have big boobs anyway. I feel that not having a big chest keeps you lokking youthful longer, sometimes those real big ones can make someone look heavier or matronly (and not to offend anyone here, I'm not saying everyone)LOL. Good Luck to you.

Old 08-27-2003, 04:28 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
So much emphasis is placed on a womans breast size and i'd say men feel equally about penis size. I think the media and fashion industry are to blame. In the 1920's it was fashinable to have a flat chest and the women would wrap cloth around their chest area to flatten any breasts they had. Same with body shapes, once it was fashionable to be voluptous and curvey and now for quite a while it's been about being thin and boyish looking. I realise this doesn't help your dilema, but unfortunately it's the way it is.

Plastic surgery is an option, but it's also something you would have to investigate very carefully and realise that if something did go wrong during or after the procedure, then you may very well end up with worse results than what you set out with. In the Beauty and Cosmetics section of the healthboards there are a number of posts regarding increasing breast size the natrual way. Do a search in there and you can read what has worked for people and what hasn't.

I don't know your age, but when i went through my early 20's (i'm now 36) i seemed to go through this growth spurt in the breast department. I was an A cup and had to go up to an average B. My breasts are still perky and firm and my husband refers to them affectionately as "teenage boobs". He has always prefered smaller breasts as he says he can actually feel them, whereas girls who he dated and had huge breasts, he said that their breasts just fell to the sides when they had sex and it did nothing for him, as well as most large breasts naturally sagging due to their heavyness. So there you go, not all guys like huge breasts. If you have confidence in yourself and love your body most guys wont even notice the sorts of things which bother you in particular, unless you actually tell him. I see loads of small breasted and hardly there breasted women with husbands, b/f's etc. Besides, when you are out and a guy walks up to you and wants to get to know you, he does so b/c he likes what he sees. It's fairly obvious to him that you are smaller breasted and if he has approached you then i'd say he doesnt have breast size as a top priority on his dating list.

Old 08-28-2003, 08:21 PM   #6

ozenne HB User
Honestly, breast size is not much to worry about. I've got size A breasts as well, and they are lopsided to boot. The A cup fits on my left breast, and is a little big on the other.
But if it really makes you unhappy, breast implants could be considered. It is not anyone else's opinion that matters, just yours and your happiness.

Old 08-28-2003, 09:12 PM   #7

DreamerOfLife HB User
Unhappy

To one of the posts earlier, gaining weight may increase your breast size, but mainly only with fat. I am 16 and a size 38B. Plus, one main thing is that I am over weight, I weigh, about 195 and I am very self-concious(sp). I have lost about 10 pounds and when I did, it seemed that my breast seemed to sag more than they slightly had already. I will say that gaining some weight is not the way to increase your bust. I think my breasts are an 'ok' size, but i always envied my sister who took after my mother. My sister, wears d's to dd's and my mother, I think wears a D. Sure, I am still in my teen years, but it just seems to me that I have stopped growing all together. Possibly when I am older, my breasts will enlarge some to like a small c, which is what I want, but I highly doubt it. And I say my breasts are odd aswell, on is just slightly smaller than the other, but not by much. Yet one thing is that, I have large areols (not sure if that is right) and small breasts. Is that normal?..

Old 08-29-2003, 05:45 PM   #8
(female)

el_9_el HB User
It's funny that i worry about so many things with respect to my appearance, but my small A cup boobs don't really get much of my attention. I've been teased about my lack of boobs often. My best friend was the most full-chested girl in highschool and i was the flattest so people came up with many big boob/small boob jokes about us. Though, I even aim jokes at myself!
I can't help but see the advantages to having small boobs...for example, we can go braless in many clothes, we can fit into smaller tops and often look thinner, we can exercise without worrying about damaging our non-existant boobs.
I say that if you think it's going to have a huge impact on your esteem and general happiness, then contemplate the surgery...but really think about it...small boobs aren't that bad. Many of us have them and I've met several guys that say, "Any more than a handful is a waste of space" (though I don't really fill a whole hand...but point is, huge boobs aren't always considered attractive).

Old 08-29-2003, 06:20 PM   #9

scmom HB User
I feel your pain! I am a 32AA but found my salvation in padded bras! I feel like I've really got something when I wear a clingy top or sweater. Clothes are more "filled-out" and seem to hang better. Yet at the end of the day when the bra comes off I've got no sagging, no back ache and whenever the mood strikes I can go bra-lss with no worries. Why make a change in your body when you don't have to? .....just my 2 cents on the subject

Old 09-01-2003, 12:31 PM   #10

teresa26 HB User
i think an important thing to remember is that implants don't always last forever. one might leak and you'll have to go through surgery all over again.

i was pretty small before i had a child. then while nursing, my breasts went from a 32B to a 34C. after we weaned, they went down to a 34B, but they are shaped a bit differently. more womanly, i guess you could say.

small breasts aren't a bad thing, in my opinion. they sag less, don't stress your back, etc.

Old 09-01-2003, 02:54 PM   #11
Inactive

kimzi81 HB User
I've thought about implants a lot because I am just as small as you say you are! But then .. after looking at the breast augmentation pictures, I'm not exactly impressed. Sure it'll make you look good in clothes, but honestly, without the clothes they look pretty awful. Okay, maybe not ALL of them, some of them are beautiful, but others are lopsided, nipples are in the wrong place, they can look like balloons, you never know if they're going to rupture, harden, cause ripples, or a number of other health problems. Then to top it off, if you want to take them out, you're stuck with saggy skin. Your breasts will never look the same. So while I am stuck with my super small boobs, I can't help but think that when I'm 40 or older, my breasts will still be perky while others are down to their tummies. =P Also, looking at stars like Kate Hudson who's probably an A cup makes me feel better. She's absolutely beautiful and guys go crazy for her, and she is so confident. Breasts really arent that important.

Old 09-02-2003, 10:12 AM   #12

buddysgirl2b HB User
Unhappy

I hear where your coming from. Living w/small breasts is not so much about how others perceive you but how you perceive yourself. If you are truly unhappy w/yourself then look into getting your breasts enhanced. I to live w/small breasts and when I get the money saved up, plan on getting them done.

Hang in there!

Old 09-03-2003, 03:52 PM   #13

Cordy HB User
oh get a grip, girls, there could be a lot worse things in your lives.

[This message has been edited by Cordy (edited 09-03-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Cordy (edited 10-04-2003).]

Old 09-04-2003, 04:38 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
Things could definitely be worse. I saw a documentary on tv about the not so glamorous results of various types of cosmetic surgery. A lot of these women ended up scarred mentally and physically with the results they got. It's really like a lottery. So many get surgery to fix or enhance certain things, yet some are successful and others end up disfigured.

Old 09-04-2003, 06:07 AM   #15

sapphira HB User
be THANKFULL that your breasts are healthy.

i'm not big (do not quite fill out a B cup) but i give thanks each day that my breasts are healthy and i hope and pray they stay that way.

there are lots worse things in life than having small breasts.

sapphira

Closed Thread