It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2003, 01:12 PM   #1

stellanole HB User
Post swollen gland/nodule on inner thigh...what is this???

every now and then i get this hard nodule that develops right in the crevice of of my inner thigh (ya know that little pocket...near pelvis..and you know what...)

its about the size of a grape and lasts for days...its freaky, because it happens every couple weeks/months. sometimes bigger than other times...but always about the size of a grape. it doesn't hurt.

its not an INGROWN HAIR...b/c its not on the SURFACE...and while ive never experienced a tumor before...i want to say it feels like one! ha.

WHAT IS THIS???

~s

Old 10-09-2003, 01:31 PM   #2
(female)

texmiss32 HB User
Sounds like a swollen lymph node. The inguinal lymph nodes are located in the groin area. Lymph nodes usually swell up when there is an infection in that area. Are you having any symptoms of an infection?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2003, 01:37 PM   #3

stellanole HB User
no just stressed ...often.

anything i should be worried about? im sure that by the time i get to a dr. it will be GONE! lol

do i have my primary check it out or a gyno?

Old 10-09-2003, 02:07 PM   #4
(female)

texmiss32 HB User
I would talk to your general practice physician. They might have an idea of what's causing it to swell. If he thinks it's due to some sort of infection in the vaginal area, then you should see the gyno to get it checked out. It sounds to me like there is an infection somewhere. You could just be asymptomatic, which isn't rare. For example there are women that get bacterial vaginosis and never experience a symptom (in case you don't know, BV is a VERY common infection that occurs when the vaginal pH gets off balance and allows an overgrowth of "bad" bacteria). Anyway, you should get checked out to rule out any type of infection. If left untreated, infections like BV can lead to pelvic inflammatory disease, scarring, etc. Best wishes to you! Keep me posted on how it goes!

Old 10-09-2003, 02:12 PM   #5
(female)

texmiss32 HB User
BTW...one other thing I forgot to mention....I had a swollen inguinal gland one time and came to find out I had a vaginal infection. That's why I'm harping on the infection thing!!!! And keep in mind, I'm using the scenario of a vaginal infection, but it could be an infection anywhere. It's just that usually infections cause the lymph nodes in that same area to swell. Another example, my mom found a lump in her breast and at the same time the lymph node in her armpit was swollen.

Old 10-09-2003, 06:13 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User
Years ago I had a swollen lymph node there, also, due to bacterial vaginitis. I went to my gynecologist at the time and was treated for it and have never had a problem since. So check with your primary care physician or gyn and you should be fine.

Closed Thread