It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2003, 03:37 AM   #1
Inactive

GertieMae HB User
Question Burning when washing

When I showered earlier I noticed when I was washing my Vagina began to burn.What could of irritated me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2003, 05:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User
Most likely it was the soap you are using; you could be alergic. Try using a liquid baby wash or something hypoalergenic and see if that helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2003, 07:17 AM   #3
Inactive

Lollirot_UK HB User
It will be the soap you are using, you are NOT suposed to use anything like soap, 'feminine hygeine' products and so on, I can't say exactly what is best but I would think that a medical soap with the right PH - basicaly in doubt ask at the chemist, also do the research on whatever you use because often even people in chemists do not know how to help take care of the vagina and don't realise how much things like soap, tampons, body sprays etc. can damage the vagina and harm the vulva.

Old 10-09-2003, 07:34 AM   #4
(female)

raspberry HB User
i used to suffer from a really sore vagina for years until the doctor evenutally asked if i washed there with soap and i said of course it'd stink otherwise! but apparantly ur only supposed to use warm water cos ur vagina has its own bacteria system which cleans it properly, soaps even hypoallergenic ones simply kill this bacteria therefore stopping ur vagina from being healthy.

Old 10-09-2003, 07:59 AM   #5
Inactive

mlgable HB User
That is absolutely correct. Wash with warm water and nothing else. All of those feminine hygiene products on the market are making a nice buck off of women who don't know any better. I saw a man in a store 2 weeks ago talking to his wife obviously on his cell phone as he tried to find the right brand of douche for her and I had to bite my tongue to not make a snide remark on the side just loud enough so he could her about "don't they know that women shouldn't douche?" Leave the feminine hygiene products on the shelf in the store and keep the soap and other irritating things away from your actual vagina when bathing.

Old 10-10-2003, 08:25 AM   #6

hairjewels HB User
Thumbs up

Try unscented Dove soap. My daughter and I are extremely sensitive that way and Dove is the only soap we can use. Do not use the liquid use the bar soap.

Old 10-13-2003, 02:23 PM   #7
Inactive

GertieMae HB User
Thanks everyone.Lollirot never used Feminine Hygiene products.I dont use FDS,Summer's Eve,Douche(unless I feel I need)I used Chamomile Soap when I washed and it irritated and burned.

Will try Dove or start washing around the Vagina with warm water only.

[This message has been edited by GertieMae (edited 10-13-2003).]

Closed Thread