It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2003, 12:06 AM   #1

22Girl HB User
Red face tampons... side effect

Ok, this is really weird but just want to know if anyone else has this problem...
Whenever I use tampons I get a rapid heart beat and heart palpitations. It makes me feel so gross that I just can't do it.
I only use them when I have to eg. swimming, etc . Putting them in is no problem and I can't feel anything "down there" but after about half an hour when I've forgotten that I'm even using one my heart beat will flutter. It'll speed up then go slow and it freaks me out. It'll continue to do that every half hour or so until I remove it. I'm 23, healthy, no heart problems normally...

Old 10-25-2003, 12:25 AM   #2
(female)

bounce HB User
HI 22GIRL

it could be toxic shock syndrome espesially if these things happen only when you use tampon!!!
put toxic shock syndrome in your search engine or read the leaflet that normally comes in a pack of tampons for symptoms
hope this helps
takecare bounce http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/blob_fire.gif
march 2000 after having ct scan discovered i was prgnant NOT PLANNED
decemeber 2000 had beautiful baby boy who is my motivation
feb 2002 had surgrey a long gap form accident to op as i also breest fed my wee boy
feb 5th 2002 had my back op
posterior osteotomy and release,subsequent anterior trans thorasic approach with corpectomy of T8 and reconstruction using mesh cage with rib bone graft and a third stage of posterior correction of the deformity using pedicle screw instrumention and further bone grafting.
own bone used rib 7 on left side so have big gap
march 17 2003 got all clear from surgeon i have fused
-----------------
july 2003 ercp to remove gallstone from bile duct
august 2003 gallbladder removed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2003, 03:18 AM   #3

Corinna_H HB User
There may be some chemicals in the tampon that you are allergic or sensitive to, maybe there is some type of 'additive free tampon? Does anyone know? You can get unbleached ones from health stores I think, could be worth trying.

Toxic shock is a scary hazard of tampons but you would be very ill if you got it, and it wouldn't get better just because you removed the tampon, nor would it happen every time

Closed Thread