It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2003, 02:01 PM   #1

curiouswoman HB User
Angry HELP! I pee my pants all the time!!

Hi there,

I am 47 years old. In my 30's I had to have a total hysterectomy due to advanced endometriosis and I had to have surgery to remove a ton of adhesions and fibroids. No major problems up to a couple of years ago....

A couple of years ago I started "wetting" myself when I would cough hard, lift something heavy or laugh. It was so embarrassing if I was sitting down to dinner at a restaurant or doing something with other people. Since then it has become so much worse! Instead of a little urine coming out I now have a GUSH let loose when I cough, lift or laugh. In between those times I kind of "dribble" throughout the day - even after I have been to the bathroom. It is HORRIBLE!!! Kegels don't do a darn thing for me. I finally talked to my Gyno about it last Spring. She referred me to a GYN doctor who also is a urologist. He did a test and said that the sphincter at the base of the bladder/at the top of the urethra where they meet is loose/weak. He said kegels would not help that and that I should consider a new surgery where a band is put into the abdomen and is placed up against the loose/weak area. I looked on the web and it scared me into not considering it. It looked like a nasty surgery!!! And it scared me because I have been prone to adhesions over the years. Maybe I should reconsider????

I don't know anybody who has had this procedure. I wear huge incontinent pads every single day. I hate them and find they are irritating and stinky as well as a bother. I hate that I don't look my age but I wet my pants!!!

Does anybody have something to share with me about the proceedure or other things they have tried to help with this problem??? I sure would appreciate any input you could give me.

Thanks! Barb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2003, 03:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Dianek HB User
A friend of mine, age 42, had the same thing going on. Her bladder literally began to fall out, so to speak and she just had surgery on Monday morning to fix that and have a hysterectomy because her uterus was pressing too much on the bladder. She lives in another state so I don't know how she did, but I'm sure I'll talk to her soon.

If it's any consolation, I have had leakage since I was 35. If I have a bit of a full bladder and get into a coughing spell, or even run or do jumping jacks...yep, I wet myself. I guess it's from having babies and the muscles just get weak.

My friend also has had three c-sections and I've had one; I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

Old 10-23-2003, 04:35 PM   #3

curiouswoman HB User
Hi Dianek,

Thanks for your post. Please let me know how your friend is when you find out...

I never had children. I couldn't - so I can't blame my sad bladder on that! But, I have heard that that plays a huge part in the problem for many women.....

Maybe the wetting isn't so unusual for women as we get older. It is just so nasty and unattractive and unsexy - not that I was ever a fox but - UGH!

Barb

Old 10-24-2003, 12:07 AM   #4

Ladee HB User
Barb, I have to tell you, I was going down that same path as yours (I'm 48), my doc told me my bladder was loose/weak where I might need the surgery too as it was coming down.

In my desperation, I bought this vaginal exerciser to see if that would help, at least so I would stop leaking because I could see myself getting worse.

Wouldn't you know it? The contraption worked. I had been using it religiously for a couple of months and my bladder moved up, I wasn't leaking, and the topper was, I was having mulitiple orgasms and my hubby noticed I was tighter on the very first day I used it.

I know it's been downplayed by gynos, the "medical" community, but there is a reason why. They need to do surgeries because if they recommend this vaginal exerciser, it doesn't make them any more money.

It's called the Kegelmaster 2000 and I'm not lying, when I saw my gyno about 6 months after we talked about surgery, her eyes bugged out and couldn't believe that this was the same vagina/bladder she was talking about surgery for. She gave me a clean bill of health, complimented me on my muscle tone and said I could put a 20 year old with no kids to shame, and the best part, was I could laugh, workout, do anything and not a drop of leakage. Oh, AND the orgasms!!!! Awesome.

You can do a search for it under Kegelmaster 2000.

There's also an article called (again, look it up online) The B a s tardization of Dr. Kegel's exercises (I think that's the full title)if you care to read more on the subject. Anyway, it goes on to say how the medical community has in a dastardly way, b a s t ardized Dr. Kegel's theories and research because his whole premise about doing kegels is with an assisting device inserted into the vagina. None of that "just squeeze down there" crap.

Sometimes you have to color outside the lines. The medical community is not the be all and know all of everything.

Good luck to you and I think it's worth a shot for you. A gyno's office visit costs more than the KM2000.

[This message has been edited by Ladee (edited 10-24-2003).]

Old 10-26-2003, 04:31 PM   #5

curiouswoman HB User
Smile

Ladee, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your information. I will consider what you said. Thanks. Barb

Closed Thread