It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2003, 08:34 AM   #1
(female)

kleaf HB User
Post Small lump in groin

I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas about a pea-sized lump I found in my left groin about 6 days ago. It is sitting in the 'crease' between my inner thigh and my pubic hair and it is quite low down.

The lump is under the skin and is quite hard. It doesn't hurt to touch it, but if I do it starts to ache around it. My left leg has been aching a lot as well, it started in my thigh but now goes down my calf as well. It seems that as each day passes it gets a bit more sore. I lay in bed and I can just feel tingling and discomfort in the area around it.

I've looked up a lot of stuff on the net which suggests that these sorts of things could be ingrown hairs, or pimples, but there's no redness whatsoever and I thought something like that would be red? (not that I'd really have any idea)

I don't know if it would have anything to do with it, but for the past few months I've also been having a fair bit of itching and irritation in my vagina which I put down to thrush, and it is very recurring.

Does anyone have any ideas? (Sorry this has been so long). If you have any questions feel free to post them and I'll answer ASAP.

I appreciate any help anyone can give me!

Old 09-24-2003, 01:52 PM   #2

NMc HB User
Hi kleaf:
The location of your infection is consistent with inguinal lymph node involvement. It's enlarged because it was fighting whatever infection you had. Because of it's location, the lymph node might be pressing on the femoral nerve (which crosses under the canal) - this would cause some tingling down your thigh. It may take several weeks for the swelling to disappear (assuming the infection is controlled). Probing the swelling will definitely encourage it to remain enlarged for a longer duration. If you still experience discomfort due to the infection, you should make an appointment to see a doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2003, 02:02 PM   #3

slyJohn HB User
i was thinking perhaps it's a femoral or inguinal hernia but this mostly occurs in guys. but it your symptoms do sound exactly like a hernia though.

Old 09-24-2003, 07:29 PM   #4
(female)

kleaf HB User
Smile

Thanks for the replies NMc and slyJohn.

I had read lots of tings about lymph nodes swelling to fight off infections and what not, but what I don't understand is why the aching gets a bit worse each day. The lump hasn't grown in size or anything so I don't get why the soreness is increasing. But then there could be a perfectly logical and normal reason, I'm just completely clueless about medical things!

slyJohn I actually read about hernia's last night and they said that at the night is normally when the aching is worst, which is the case for me. It's all very strange, I guess the most likely scenario is that it's just a swollen node fighting off some infection. I'll find out tomorrow though because I have a doctor's appointment for somethign else so I'll get her to take a look!

Thanks again!

Closed Thread