It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2003, 04:59 PM   #1

hope2663 HB User
Left ovarian pain, nausea, vaginal ultrasound was negative

Since the 29th of October I have been having steady left ovarian pain with nausea and its even making my hip and leg hurt. I also had a very irregular cycle this month. I went to a Dr. Afterhours type thing and they had me go to the hospital and have an ultrasound done and they said that I probably had a cyst rupture even though they didnt see a cyst and saw no fluid and my ultrasound came up neg. It took the nurse 15 minutes just to find my left ovary and 2 seconds to examine it. I am still having the same symptoms and none of them have let up (except for the cycle because that has gone). I have experienced cramping before but nothing that has stayed this long and been so constant. I called my reg gyn and told him that I was still feeling the same and they cant get me in until Friday. When I went to the Dr. Afterhours they didnt even take blood or a swab from a pap smear to rule out the possibility of an infection. Should they have? Does it sound like it could be an infection? Has anyone had these symptoms from a ruptured cyst last so long? Has anyone had these symptoms and it ended up being something other than a ruptured cyst? I did get some tylenol with codeine for the pain and anti-nausea medication, but the tylenol doesnt take the pain away just makes me very sleepy. Sorry for the long history and all of the questions, I just dont feel as though they checked everything and cant understand why I would still be feeling so terrible. Thanks for the ears and any responses.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2003, 06:04 PM   #2
Inactive

Karla HB User
I had severe pain and strong crampy feeling in my lower right overy in Jan. of 2000. I went to the ER in the middle of the night It came on rather suddenly. They tried to tell me that I had a ruptured cycst and sent me home after they gave me a shot of morphine for the pain. Two days latter the pain was still there. I called my dr up and explained to him I had been to the ER and they thought it was a cycst but this was the worst pain I had ever felt and I needed followup. He got me in ASAP! While I was there he wanted to order an ultrasound but while I was standing there talking to him with tears running down my checks I dropped to me knees in severe pain and screamed. He picked me up and carried me over to the ER that was connected to the clinic. They immediatly ran the ultrasound and couldn't find anything wrong. I was admitted into the hospital at that point and within an hour was signing consent forms for emergency surgery. I called my husband at work and told him to come to the hospital. When I woke up my right overy was removed. My felopian tube had twisted 3x and had cut off all life to my overy. My dr was just in disbelief that I had gone 4 days like that. He wanted to know why I hadn't come in sooner. I told him the pain was not worse then the cluster headaches I get everyday all the time. He said I obviously have a high pain tollerance and should have come in sooner. I was so mad that the first ER I went to didn't catch it and just sent me home with a bandaid shot. I knew something was wrong I just didn't know how severly.

So please followup with this and trust your instincts. Let us know how you are doing.

Closed Thread