It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2003, 01:57 PM   #1
(female)

tinamarie0914 HB User
Smile Bleeding after hysteroscopy/D&C--normal?

[SIZE=5][FONT=Arial Narrow]

I just had a hysteroscopy, D&C and balloon ablation on Monday, 11/03/03 and am still bleeding; is this normal? The literature they gave me said to notify the doctor if I'm still having bright red blood and/or clotting more than 2 days after surgery. It's not a huge amount, but I'd say it's more than just spotting. It's hard to tell how "bright" it is since it soaks into the pad before I actually see it. It varies from fairly bright to light pink on the toilet paper, but looks pretty bright in the toilet [I apologize if this is just too much info!]. For those of you who have had this done, is it normal to still bleed on the third day following surgery? I also have rather dull cramps and feel very bloated - I expected the bloating to pass by now - any ideas?

I'm grateful for any suggestions any of you have!

Thank you,
Tina

Old 11-06-2003, 02:34 PM   #2
Inactive

lil squirt HB User
I had a D&C 2 weeks ago today.

I spotted the day I had it and that was it. A week later I started what is just like a full blown AF. (I know it's not because I have to have at least 20 day's of no spotting, no bleeding for it to be an AF. I had a missed miscarriage) I have been bleed for a week now.
It;s normal. At least with a miscarriage it is.
You only had it a few day's ago. Wouldn't worry to much. If you are worried call your Dr tomorrow.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2003, 02:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

PaNik5717 HB User
I agree that it is too soon to tell, as long as it isn't very heavy. I don't know anything about the ablation, though.

With a miscarriage, it is normal to keep bleeding. With a diagnostic D&C, they don't even expect you to have your period that month. I had mine four weeks ago yesterday and I have not stopped bleeding since. I could tell the surgery pain from regular cramping. When that went away - after about 48 hours for me - I knew the bleeding wasn't from the surgery. This just tells me that my problem was not solved by the D&C.

They say to call if you bleed through more than a pad an hour. I was going through an overnight pad every two hours so I called one week later. They let it go until my follow-up at two weeks and I ended up severely anemic. They decided not to transfuse me, but put me on three provera a day to slow it down and let my body make more blood.

I hope that's not too much of a tangent. It's just a warning and a little perspective. As long as yours is pretty slow, you might give it a little more time to stop. I guess you will have to listen to your body and decide how long is too long. I would say longer than a week is definitely too long. Also, if it gets heavy, you should call.

Closed Thread