It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2003, 02:59 PM   #1

jusjan44 HB User
Question odor but no pain, no itching

In April of 2002, I had a D&C, since then this odor has appeared. When my husband and I have sex, no matter what I do, there is an odor that follows. If I douch alot, scrub, cry, then the odor goes away, we have sex again, odor reappears. I have no itching, no discharge, no burning, just this horrible odor, at first it smelled like tuna, now it smells like something dead. I have tried otc yeast infection creams, but without the itching, burning and discharge is it a yeast infection? Is it BV? Help!! I have used 'home remedies too' they help but not curing...I want a cure!!

Old 12-28-2003, 10:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kellie2 HB User
Re: odor but no pain, no itching

This is not normal. I don't mean to alarm you, but the first thing that came to mind was - what did they do or leave behind when they did your D&C? Especially if it smells like 'something dead'. Something's not right and you need to go to a doctor and have him find out what is wrong in there. My daughter just told me a story last week about a friend of hers who had a very similar problem, I'm going to have to ask her what it was though because I don't remember, and I'll post it here after I talk to her. But very similar, they found something inside that shouldn't have been there. Let me find out and I'll post it here tomorrow.

The Following User Says Thank You to kellie2 For This Useful Post:
bellkiss2171 (05-26-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2003, 06:04 AM   #3
(female)

PetiteBliss HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusjan44
In April of 2002, I had a D&C, since then this odor has appeared. When my husband and I have sex, no matter what I do, there is an odor that follows. If I douch alot, scrub, cry, then the odor goes away, we have sex again, odor reappears. I have no itching, no discharge, no burning, just this horrible odor, at first it smelled like tuna, now it smells like something dead. I have tried otc yeast infection creams, but without the itching, burning and discharge is it a yeast infection? Is it BV? Help!! I have used 'home remedies too' they help but not curing...I want a cure!!

Hi Jusjan.
It sounds to me like BV. I say this because you said you notice the odor most after sex. Semen disrupts the ph balance in our vagina and can easily trigger BV. It is my suggestion that you see your gyn to have them diagnose it as such. BV is very easy to treat...usually a 7 day course of an antibiotic known as Flagyl (generic form - metronidazole)...or the equivalent. This usually does the trick. BV has a tendency to be very stubborn and can often times recur. In the mean time, I would advise against using any otc medications for what you think is a yeast infection. B/c that could be doing more damage than good. And just as a rule of thumb, yeast infections should not have an unpleasant odor ("fishy" or the like). If there is an odor, chances are it's not yeast...but more likely a bacterial infection. See your doctor to get a proper diagnosis. Good luck.

Old 12-31-2003, 07:57 PM   #4

jusjan44 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetiteBliss
Hi Jusjan.
It sounds to me like BV. I say this because you said you notice the odor most after sex. Semen disrupts the ph balance in our vagina and can easily trigger BV. It is my suggestion that you see your gyn to have them diagnose it as such. BV is very easy to treat...usually a 7 day course of an antibiotic known as Flagyl (generic form - metronidazole)...or the equivalent. This usually does the trick. BV has a tendency to be very stubborn and can often times recur. In the mean time, I would advise against using any otc medications for what you think is a yeast infection. B/c that could be doing more damage than good. And just as a rule of thumb, yeast infections should not have an unpleasant odor ("fishy" or the like). If there is an odor, chances are it's not yeast...but more likely a bacterial infection. See your doctor to get a proper diagnosis. Good luck.

Thanks, I had read about BV and wondered if it could be this, I was pretty sure it was not a yeast infection. When my youngest son was born he had been exposed to strep B which lays dormant in the viginal and the mother never know. Thankfuly he did not catch it which is a death sentence to babies. I am sure this Bv may be related. You would thing with regular paps they would catch something. Unless this started after the D&C, also I should have mentioned he carterized it.

Old 01-02-2004, 07:21 PM   #5

jennfer HB User

Hi, was just wondering what BV is?

Old 01-03-2004, 08:49 PM   #6

jennfer HB User

What is BV?

Old 01-03-2004, 09:08 PM   #7

natashab222000 HB User

I have had this problem after I had my first son, Bacterial Vaginoses.....................It's not a yeast infection, but related to the yeast family. Bacteria can be transmitted into your vagina by feces, your partners penis not being clean, so always wipe front to back with water and a mild soap, I suggest every time you go to the restroom. No woman should ever douche...Your body has a normal cleanser in it to wash out your vagina.

Old 01-10-2004, 01:15 PM   #8

jusjan44 HB User

Well I did go to the Doctor, I could smell the smell, would you believe he said there was nothing there. I started crying I was so upset. Nothing hurts more than to know you have a problem, and a Doctor says no you dont. I have to go back this week. He did do a culture so lets pray it shows something. The nurse suggested it could be my harmones changing?!! My husband was upset too, he also knows there is a smell and at times it is worst then others. He must truely love me. Still in tears...jan

Last edited by jusjan44; 01-10-2004 at 01:17 PM.

Old 01-14-2004, 02:03 PM   #9

MrsBosley HB User

Well, you said it will go away and then return after yuo have sex again. Maybe you don't have a yeast infection.. or at least yet, but your husband could. Ever think of that? Yes men can get them too

Old 01-16-2004, 05:10 PM   #10

jusjan44 HB User

It turned out to be BV which we knew that didnt we!! No yeast infection. Yes I knew men and get yeast infection, which is about 90% of the time were we get it!! If they only knew !!

Old 01-17-2004, 03:39 PM   #11
Inactive

JennMorgan HB User

Yep, sounds like a BV to me! I had an odor for 2 months and I took 3 baths a day, so I knew it wasnt from me being dirty-finally went to the doctor 2 weeks ago, he gave me antibiotics and I swear after the first pill, the small was 95% gone, and after 2 pills a day for 7 days, it was all the way gone and I feel sooooo clean and so much better now! Good luck!

Closed Thread