It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

nauseous every month

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2004, 08:50 PM   #1
chickadee99

chickadee99 HB User
nauseous every month

Hi, I just wanted to ask a question and see how many of you have this. I know most have cramps during their period, but I never have. I always have nausea, except there are times when I don't really feel bad at all. But usually I am really nauseous, and I throw up. All I do, until it has gone away, is lie on the couch or in bed. I do have a prescription for it, but I was just wondering how many of you don't have cramps.

Note: I see that some people have viewed this, so I'll add a little something. Do you know of anyone who gets nauseous? Do you only have cramps?

Last edited by chickadee99; 01-02-2004 at 12:30 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2004, 06:30 AM   #2
PaNik5717
Senior Veteran

PaNik5717 HB User
Re: nauseous every month

Hi chickadee99

I experience nausea as a PMS symptom and I have cramps during my periods, but not unbearable ones. I mentioned the nausea and dizziness to my first gyn. He said he had never heard of this problem and the only thing he could think of doing was putting me on BC to lessen all PMS symptoms. It worked about two out of three months. I have since heard that there are some dietary changes that should be made throughout the entire month to lessen the severity of these symptoms. I don't know what they are since I am on Lupron.

Old 01-12-2004, 08:12 PM   #3
GettingWellAgain
Senior Veteran
(female)

GettingWellAgain HB User

I get pretty nauseous every month, too. Nauseous and dizzy. Normally, I only get mild cramps. My nausea lessened, it seems, since I gained some weight since I was underweight, although I don't see exactly how the two are connected.

Old 01-12-2004, 09:03 PM   #4
PinkBanana

PinkBanana HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee99
Hi, I just wanted to ask a question and see how many of you have this. I know most have cramps during their period, but I never have. I always have nausea, except there are times when I don't really feel bad at all. But usually I am really nauseous, and I throw up. All I do, until it has gone away, is lie on the couch or in bed. I do have a prescription for it, but I was just wondering how many of you don't have cramps.

Note: I see that some people have viewed this, so I'll add a little something. Do you know of anyone who gets nauseous? Do you only have cramps?
OMG I get very very nauseous, dizzy, sick, HORRIBLE cramps, hot flashes, cold flashes, the whole thing. I HATE IT!! I've passed out several times from it, there was even a period of time where I was home for about a week straight every month. My doctor says it's a radiating effect. I have a pretty bad hormonal imbalance so I'm on Yasmin which has since helped. But oh man if I ever take antibiotics or skip even one pill a month..I'm back to where I was before!! I have taken cataphlam(not sure of spelling), did nohting, vioxx, did nothing, ultram, worked a lil, and finally I take ultracet now..I rarely need it anymore but occasionally I have those bad weeks. Ultracet makes me really sick though..I don't know whats worse-being so dizzy you can't stand fora minute without passing out form the med but pain free or passing out form the pain when s tanding up. Hope you find relief soon!=)

Old 01-26-2004, 01:31 PM   #5
icklestar

icklestar HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee99

I used to get nauseous for around the first 2-3 days of my period, as well as cramps. At first I used to take to the couch with a hot water bottle and prescibed pain killers but then I went onto the pill and the nausea went. The cramps are still there but they are now only mild. For me BC was a life saver!

Old 01-26-2004, 04:47 PM   #6
luvmyboys

luvmyboys HB User

I also get nauseous and lots of stomachaches. My whole digestive tract goes haywire. My cramps used to be so bad they would shoot pains up my back and down my legs. I wouldn't even be able to stand up without severe pain between my legs (you know). The migraines didn't help any either. And I would bleed hard to where it was running down my legs. YUCK!

Last April I had uterine ablation done and my tubes cauterized. Now I hardly bleed at all and I don't even need to take anything for cramps. They are that mild. I do however still get the migraines and a little bet of nausea. Most of my problems with my bowels occur on about day 4 or 5 of my cycle and continue until ovulation. No doctor has ever heard of that. They say you're supposed to feel bad before your period not after. I told them I knew that, but that I wasn't like that, so they don't know what to do. They won't run the hormone levels tests because my periods are regular.

Closed Thread