It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2004, 11:32 AM   #1

GratefulRose HB User
Recurring Yeast infections

Hey ladies!

I wanted to post to the other thread that was going, but I guess that is not there anymore due to the new boards. Luckily I still have it saved because it was a great reference for yeast infection problems.

I had posted about recurring yeast infectionsthat I had had consistantly for about four months. It was ridiculous. I was sore, itchy and it felt like pins and needles on a daily basis. I saw a doctor three times. The second time they did a yeast culture and found NO YEAST what-so-ever. I was like WHAT????!!! So, I made another appointment because there was definitely something wrong with me.

My doctor examined me and looked at my stuff under a microscope and figured that I had cytolitic vaginosis. This is due to a low PH level in your vagina. So, she told me the best thing to do is actually douche (the only time they tell women to douche is for this) with just baking soda and water. The baking soda neautralizes the PH level. She said I would notice a difference right away. Well I didn't, so I went to the internet and found another doctor's remedy, which is the same thing...douche with baking soda and water, but everyday for like two weeks. So I continued everyday for about three days and then I got my period. I was told by my doctor that blood and semen also bring the PH level up. So, now that I am over my period I have been okay for the past few days. I am continuing to use the alkaline douche (one teaspoon of baking soda to 16 oz. of water) and feel so much better! My husband and I were actually able to have sex for the first time in four months!

So, make sure that if you have symptoms like that of yeast infections, and if nothing is working, that you see your doctor and ask about the possibility of cytolitic vaginosis. This is important because if you have it and are treating it like a yeast infection the steps you are taking to cure the yeast could just make it worse for you if you have cytolitic vaginosis.

This is still a working diagnosis for me, but things are improving, that is for sure!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2004, 08:57 PM   #2
(female)

Kaycee41 HB User
Re: Recurring Yeast infections

Hi Rose. Please up-date us and let us know how you do in the coming weeks. I think I may have the same problem you do. I have a white, sticky discharge and I'm ofter irritated. Been to several ob/gyn's and they don't find a yeast problem. Seems like many women have the same problem.

Old 01-07-2004, 02:28 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

Thanks for the info Rose, i'll definitely keep it for future reference incase i end up needing it. Fingers crossed, i haven't had repeat yeast infections for a few years.

Old 01-07-2004, 11:42 AM   #4

angelface25 HB User

Gratefulrose, Was there a rash that accompanied the itching and soreness??? I'm goin thru the same for the past 3 months straight, only i have a bad rash. i'm goin to the doc this week,

Old 01-08-2004, 12:44 PM   #5

inlimbo HB User

I had this exact same situation not too long ago. For about 6 months I was having a reoccuring yeast infection and went to the doctor 4 out of 6 of those times to understand why this would happen. I tried not using tampons, the doctor gave me diflucan, bacterial medicines, nothing seemed to work. After I went back to the doctor completely frustrated, they misdiagnosed me with Chlamydia. A week through the chlamydia treatment and after accusing my boyfriend of cheating, they found I had a natural high white blood cell count in my uterus.
Since then, I have just accepted the fact that I am very easily prone to getting a yeast infection if I don't take care of myself.
What have I boiled it down to???
I MUST go to the bathroom before and after sex, no exceptions.
I eat more yogurt almost everyday.
I watch my yeast (beer, breads and all that) intake.

It all seems to be working and I have been fine since.
I thought something was seriously wrong with me during that whole experiance. Going to the doctor and bugging them constantly got me my solution, always best to go to the doctor when you have yeast infection, but when you are okay, try some preventative measures.

Closed Thread