It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board

feminine odor

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2004, 07:02 PM   #1
monacks

monacks HB User
feminine odor

Lately its been really hot at work and I am perspiring. As the day goes on, I notice an odor coming from down below. I'm sure its caused from sweat. It is really bugging me, and I'm not sure if it is noticeable. Any suggestions on what to do to prevent or mask it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2004, 10:36 PM   #2
miss_prolixity
(female)

miss_prolixity HB User
Re: feminine odor

I've heard wearing cotton panties can be highly beneficial and not irritate the vagina. Or, use a panty liner and add feminine spray. Also, you might try some powder between the thighs, it might help keep the sweat at bay.

Old 01-09-2004, 12:00 AM   #3
Babs66

Babs66 HB User
Thumbs up Re: feminine odor

I agree with the other poster..cotton panties, a couple panty liners to change throughout the day, baby powder, and last but not least FDS (feminine deodorant spray). Spray this directly on your underwear and yourself. Its harmless and works wonders. In case you've never heard of it..its usually located by the tampon section in Rite Aid or stores the like.

There is one other thing that I would suggest. Baby wipes. Carry a travel packet with you and give yourself a good wipe in the restroom a couple times during the day. That will really help keep you fresh.

Hope this helps.
Babs

Old 01-09-2004, 07:48 AM   #4
monacks

monacks HB User

Thanks, I actually tried the cornstarch baby powder yesterday and it was better. And I only wear cotton, I think that's part of the prob - they are wet from the perspiration and stay damp thru the day. I guess I will have to start taking a pair to change into at middle of the day. Other people have been complaining about the heat in the office, so maybe I'm not the only one suffering!

Old 01-16-2004, 08:58 PM   #5
tropicali

tropicali HB User

I have the same problem! Glad I'm not the only one. I have noticed that wipes do make a difference. You feel clean and dry again... Give them a shot. Good luck to both of us!!! lol

Old 01-17-2004, 08:25 AM   #6
Ashton'sMommy

Ashton'sMommy HB User

I like the summers eve feminine wipes they dont smell so babywipe ish!

I use powder and also this sounds dumb but I put underarm deoderant in my heiney crack after my shower!! It works for me and keeps me feeling good smelling. Since I wear thongs and stuff.

Old 01-17-2004, 09:43 PM   #7
tzty
Inactive

tzty HB User

Cotton panites are the best to wear. Use the femine wipes and just try to keep it dry. I wouldn't spray anything down there as so many of the women are allergic to the chemicals or scents. It can irritate. I used to put cornstarch there and then use the wipes. It helped alot. Good luck!!!1 ^;;^)))~~~

Closed Thread